What's new

What are you drinking tonight?

C9C098A1-2ABD-464C-8A66-9DE0B4F10CEA.jpeg

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I remember not liking the Kraken to much. But that pineapple rim sounds interesting

The Kraken is nasty IMO. I’m not touching that one unless I find something it mixes well with. The Plantation is OK, a slight pineapple flavor if you look for it. The Bumbu and Bacardi are the ones I like out of the bunch. The rest is just meh. Really interesting that they are all uniquely different in flavor. The Bacardi and the Appleton have some heat to them (Spice maybe). The Bumbu is very slightly sweet. The original Bumbu is my favorite (I’m all out). Very sweet with a caramel flavor. Paired with a cigar and it’s a meal, so good.

If I'm not mistaken The Kraken is a spiced rum? I'm not a big fan of the spiced rums. I much prefer the dark sipping rums. El Dorado, Ron Zacapa, Plantation. I'd like to try Flor de Cana's 18 Year. I've had Pyrat's XO which was my favorite very early on in my rum exploration. I've also had the pleasure of drinking Pyrat's Cask 1623 which I found superb but is too expensive for me to justify.

Hit up the Octoberfest again last night. But I realized I'm grabbing it frequently in a Yeti tumbler....so a picture isn't going to be very interesting.

Top Bottom