What's new

What are you drinking tonight?

D579BD62-21D9-4D81-849C-7CB0AE276EEF.jpeg

Park Cognac Single Vineyard Borderies--elegant, floral, smooth, amazing. 15 years old, but the write-ups seem to talk about it being a transition from VSOP to XO. I do not understand that as an XO only has to have 10 years in the barrel. Wine Enthusiast gave it a 98 in 2015. Other reviews seem to be in the low 90s. I apparently overpaid at $76. One review said the palate does not keep up with the nose. I do not think I agree. To me it finishes very long. I am drinking better in the time of cholera.

Imagery Estates Code Blue.

The wife recently ordered several bottles due to a shipping deal. We also visited in 2015, partly because a relative designed a label for one of their wines several years ago. I have sampled interesting blends that I would never have sought out, including Code Blue, 81% red grape varietal and 19% blueberry wine aged in French oak for a year. Glad I tried it.

Great Falls Gin (locally distilled near Washington, DC, in Falls Church, VA) and Dolan white vermouth. This one is nicely juniper forward, as advertised. But it is also said to have "a minimal number of herbs," and I get a pretty big hit of anise, which I am not wild about. 80 proof, too, and I am finding I like my liquor to be higher proof, at least for martinis.

Top Bottom