What's new

What are you drinking tonight?

A Midwinter....
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

AC9569C9-7CFE-465A-9E27-B5A435F2ABE8.jpeg

New place down the road. Accessible wines. I had a decent Vinho Verde, dreaming of a Portugal summer, and she enjoyed the Sangiovese.

Great dinner at a local steakhouse for Fathers' Day tonight. First drink was Black Label rocks. Followed it up with a sazerac. In a like while I'll break into the grappa.
20190616_171454.jpg 20190616_175507.jpg

Great dinner at a local steakhouse for Fathers' Day tonight. First drink was Black Label rocks. Followed it up with a sazerac. In a like while I'll break into the grappa.
View attachment 991257 View attachment 991258
An historic New Orleans classic, the Sazarac Cocktail. Good choice! And good anywhere in town, but especially at the Roosevelt. It's been years since I was in New Orleans, but back then it was called The Fairmont, and I never missed an opportunity to enjoy one in their famous Sazarac Bar! I would love to see the renovated Roosevelt. I hear it's spectacular.

I would love to see the renovated Roosevelt. I hear it's spectacular.
It is. Do yourself a favor and see out at Christmas. It is magical.
BTW-Dinner tonight was at Charlie's Steak House, my favorite Steakhouse in town and just a few blocks from the house. It's nice to be able to walk to dinner.

Over the weekend, a special Martini at a good Italian place. Rosemary infused gin with an olive stuffed with gorgonzola (sp?). I am not sold on the blue cheese stuffed olive! I think all of those fresh herb infused gins I have had have been pretty good.

I seem to remain overall in a Tiki phase. These big hogo rums like Doctor Bird and Smith & Cross seem amazing. Albeit powerful proof-wise as well as flavor-wise. On has to be careful with these, I find.

I seem to remain overall in a Tiki phase. These big hogo rums like Doctor Bird and Smith & Cross seem amazing. Albeit powerful proof-wise as well as flavor-wise. On has to be careful with these, I find.
I love the whole South Pacific, Polynesian, Tiki culture/fashion thing! My bamboo bar fits perfectly that style.
Regret I'm not familiar with the brands you quote, but I adore a good tropical rum punch! Summer is the perfect time for them, and Tiki in general...
Have you photos of any exotic Tiki mugs to share?
I like to serve my libations in a cocoanut shell mug.
Perhaps a dedicated Tiki thread is in order?

I have not tried searching this subforum for Tiki, but I think a dedicated thread would be appropriate. Does not have to be stickied! Tell you what, I will start one with a response to your last post here!

Top Bottom