What's new

What are you currently eyeballing?

Let me just muddy things up for you. Do you like a heavy razor? If so get the SS, if you like something lighter weight, then you need the Ti. Many here prefer the Ti over the SS, but again it's a personal preference. Look on the Timeless sight for the weight of the razors. There are more handle choices with the SS. Other than that, it's up to you. And I do so well know the routine of "I don't need another razor, but!!!"
I have both heavy and light razors. I like the maneuverability of light razors but the temptation is to apply pressure.
ASD2 - too mild
ATT Kronos M1 - leaves stubble ATG. Slightly more efficient than ASD2.
ATT Atlas R1 - can be too harsh.
Merkur 37C slant - currently working through a blade sampler pack. I’m getting some very close shaves with this razor. Maybe too close for every day use.
Merkur 34C - what I started with. Decent results with US Personna Blue or US Personna Meds
EJ DE89 Kelvin Muhle R89 - too mild
Merkur 41C OC - this razor will surprise you. The comb can be unsettling.

I have receive my Rex Ambassador last week, and is my better one. But I am never satisfied, and just come to order a timeless bronze kit with stand. So they are in Ohio, and I am Canadian, using eBay global shipping, eta is week of sept 16, will keep you info about this one. When I get intro in a passion, I do it full.

I have both heavy and light razors. I like the maneuverability of light razors but the temptation is to apply pressure.
ASD2 - too mild
ATT Kronos M1 - leaves stubble ATG. Slightly more efficient than ASD2.
ATT Atlas R1 - can be too harsh.
Merkur 37C slant - currently working through a blade sampler pack. I’m getting some very close shaves with this razor. Maybe too close for every day use.
Merkur 34C - what I started with. Decent results with US Personna Blue or US Personna Meds
EJ DE89 Kelvin Muhle R89 - too mild
Merkur 41C OC - this razor will surprise you. The comb can be unsettling.
The SS May be the one for you then if you try to apply pressure to light weight razors. It took me a long time to avoid applying pressure to any razor. The SS gives a wonderful shave when you let it glide with no pressure. At first I really only liked light weight razors but now I can use either with no problems, but I still gravitate towards razors with some weight as I think they do work better on their own. I love the new Aluminum but I still have the SS and Bronze in my rotation along with a mix of vintage Schick injectors and other vintage Gillette’s.

According to FedEx tracking, I may receive my Timeless Titanium OC (polished, scalloped, 0.95mm) with stand tomorrow already:a47:. It's already in Köln, Germany, so just the stretch to Berlin now.

I really try not to get my hopes up, because I've had orders delayed for several days before.... *biting nails*

timeless-ti.jpeg

Does anyone know: Is there a risk of wearing out the refresh-button on my browser? I can't stop hitting it on the tracking page:a36:

According to FedEx tracking, I may receive my Timeless Titanium OC (polished, scalloped, 0.95mm) with stand tomorrow already:a47:. It's already in Köln, Germany, so just the stretch to Berlin now.

I really try not to get my hopes up, because I've had orders delayed for several days before.... *biting nails*

View attachment 1015735

Does anyone know: Is there a risk of wearing out the refresh-button on my browser? I can't stop hitting it on the tracking page:a36:

Ooof, FedEx... there may be some fleecing for customs, import taxes, handling etc. Plus the delay to get it done.

Just read that this status would mean it has been released already: "International shipment release - Import" ?!

Best of luck to you. I just ordered my 2nd Timeless this morning. Titanium .68 oc.
But I live in the States so should be here Thursday!!

Best of luck to you. I just ordered my 2nd Timeless this morning. Titanium .68 oc.
But I live in the States so should be here Thursday!!
Thank you and congratulations! Did you get it scalloped and/or polished? If mine does arrive tomorrow it's amazingly quick! It was sent this monday and I was counting on 1-2 weeks:)

Thank you and congratulations! Did you get it scalloped and/or polished? If mine does arrive tomorrow it's amazingly quick! It was sent this monday and I was counting on 1-2 weeks:)[/QUOTE

This one is not polished or scalloped. My SS .95 is polished with a scalloped base.
If you do not already have one you are gonna love it!!!

This one is not polished or scalloped. My SS .95 is polished with a scalloped base.
If you do not already have one you are gonna love it!!!
This will be my first one... My first machined artisan razor actually! Al the others are stamped or cast. I'm really curious how a razor made to such precise tolerances will shave. Really looking forward to it:)

This will be my first one... My first machined artisan razor actually! Al the others are stamped or cast. I'm really curious how a razor made to such precise tolerances will shave. Really looking forward to it:)

You will not be disappointed. As soon as you hold it you will know you made a great decision. It will serve you and whomever you choose to give it to (when you no longer need it) very well !! Wonderfully crafted and just d@mn beautiful.

OH.... MY.... GOD!!!! I had NO... EYE... DEE!!! What a difference this razor makes! It was just... effortless. I could hear how much more efficient it was. BBS with no irritation at all. Usually my 1st XTG pass (do WTG, XTG, GTX and ATG) has parts that are more WTG and I never hear any real cutting there, but this razor just magically found hairs and kept knispering as it cut EVERYTHING. I thought my Mühle R41 was good but this is a completely different league. Thank you all so much for inspiring me to buy the Timeless.

OH.... MY.... GOD!!!! I had NO... EYE... DEE!!! What a difference this razor makes! It was just... effortless. I could hear how much more efficient it was. BBS with no irritation at all. Usually my 1st XTG pass (do WTG, XTG, GTX and ATG) has parts that are more WTG and I never hear any real cutting there, but this razor just magically found hairs and kept knispering as it cut EVERYTHING. I thought my Mühle R41 was good but this is a completely different league. Thank you all so much for inspiring me to buy the Timeless.

Great news!! Congrats on shaving bliss. How do you like the weight of the Ti?

I have a feeling you like it. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom