What's new

What are you buying for spring?

I just purchased a couple tubes of 444 balm to mix with splashes and a couple bottles of Florida Water. I’m thinking of getting a couple other mentholated splashes that I have not tried yet. I do have 4 bottles of Osage in reserve!

What are you buying?

I just purchased a couple tubes of 444 balm to mix with splashes and a couple bottles of Florida Water. I’m thinking of getting a couple other mentholated splashes that I have not tried yet. I do have 4 bottles of Osage in reserve!

What are you buying?

You, sir are killing it! I’m planning on buying some Barrister & Mann Reserve Lavender and a few tubes of 444 Balm just like you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You, sir are killing it! I’m planning on buying some Barrister & Mann Reserve Lavender and a few tubes of 444 Balm just like you.

You’ll have to tell us how the 444 works for you! It’s interesting stuff. Have you ever used it before?

Yes, I used it a couple of years ago and loved it, BUT I FORGOT ABOUT IT??????? I recently was reading a shave of the day and was reminded of how awesome it is!

NOTHING! I am on the 2018 Shaving Purchase Sabbatical! :a13::a13::a13:

The good news is that I have a large AS stash!

It is better to use Viks Vaporub than 444, because it is nothing more than petroleum jelly with menthol. Its purpose is to cut the blood outlet in some cut during shaving. It does not happen to me often, I prefer to use the alum or the stick, to cut the blood. 444 leaves my face greasy, and in summer even worse .. does not perspire the skin

proxy.php
Well, it's my experience. For me it was a great disappointment

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
It is better to use Viks Vaporub than 444, because it is nothing more than petroleum jelly with menthol. Its purpose is to cut the blood outlet in some cut during shaving. It does not happen to me often, I prefer to use the alum or the stick, to cut the blood. 444 leaves my face greasy, and in summer even worse .. does not perspire the skin

+1 444 is too heavy for my face. I mostly use menthol splashes, but if/when I want a cooling balm, I just mix a palms worth of some Nivea and a few drops of Fine's Snakebite in my hand.

proxy.php
Well, it's my experience. For me it was a great disappointment
I’m sorry you didn’t enjoy it. What are your favorite splashes or balms?

+1 444 is too heavy for my face. I mostly use menthol splashes, but if/when I want a cooling balm, I just mix a palms worth of some Nivea and a few drops of Fine's Snakebite in my hand.
I can see how using it in the summer might be problematic. It’s definitely a “ use a tiny amount” product. It does come in a tiny tube. I think the scent is amazing. I also have been putting a splash on after it. I guess some folks mix it in their hand with a splash? I can’t finish without a good alcohol splash!

I love the bottle! Very nice with the frost.

What aftershave is in it? How much menthol?

Pretty razor too.

Es un DIY después del afeitado, cinco veces más dopado con mentol que la mordedura de serpiente FINE. Lo tengo en el congelador, hasta el momento de usarlo (¡en verano, cuando hace mucho calor, es un placer!)

La botella es de la marca MYRSOL, que utilicé para hacer este experimento personal

Es un DIY después del afeitado, cinco veces más dopado con mentol que la mordedura de serpiente FINE. Lo tengo en el congelador, hasta el momento de usarlo (¡en verano, cuando hace mucho calor, es un placer!)

La botella es de la marca MYRSOL, que utilicé para hacer este experimento personal
Wow. 5 times the menthol of snake bite! That’s a face freeze! What alcohol do you use?

I'm apparently intent on acquiring every vintage Avon I see. I've got enough to last at least a lifetime even if I use twice as much as I need (which I do) and use it twice a day (which I sometimes do). But I keep finding new scents and mostly less than $2 a bottle and . . . you know . . .

At any rate some seem more appropriate for spring and summer.

I also got some Barbasol Pacific Rush last fall and Skin Bracer over the winter. Menthol is no fun when it's cold so I've been holding off using them until some nice, warm spring days.

Just ordered a Stirling splash sampler so I would pick one of them for summer. For spring, I have plenty of witch hazels, Speick, Lucky Tiger. And when my Nivea balm or Every Man Jack balm is finished I'll open a Biotique wild grass gel that I got from India. The grassy scent with cooling sensation should be great for a humid DC spring

Just ordered a Stirling splash sampler so I would pick one of them for summer. For spring, I have plenty of witch hazels, Speick, Lucky Tiger. And when my Nivea balm or Every Man Jack balm is finished I'll open a Biotique wild grass gel that I got from India. The grassy scent with cooling sensation should be great for a humid DC spring
Sounds spectacular!

I’ve got a bunch of face chillers I enjoy. Chella Cool, Tombstone, and Al Fin are great choices from PAA. Either of the Summertime Splashes from Chatillon Lux. And the dog days of summer are when I enjoy my vintage batches of Aqua Velva Ice Blue and Skin Bracer (though less chilling than the others).

Top Bottom