What's new

What are we?

I'm only 23, and will be 24 in a week, and everybody at church calls me "The Ambassador". I've always dressed much more traditionally than my peers, starting in middle school, but I just can't make myself step foot inside an Abercrombie and Fitch, American Eagle, or Aeropostale. Back in high school I had a few AE shirts and sweaters, but that was before they went trendy and ropped the more traditional, prep look. I'm proud of my nickname. It means people look at me and associate me with maturity. If I could wear a navy blazer and striped tie with chinos every day, I probably would.

people will think you are 39 forever and that isn;t bad, when your 50 or 60....

We are men of style (not fashion) and class. We believe that details matter and that the finer things in life are their own reward.

With the interest in vintage shaving gear here as well as other vintage styles of clothing. Throw in the fact that we tend to be "ahem, elder statesmen" What should we call ourserves? The younger crowd, when obsessed with grooming were called "metro-sexuals". With tongue firmly planted in my cheek, I wondered does this make us...... wait for it...... Retro-sexuals! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I believe the term metrosexual is referring to heterosexuals who have the taste and fashion sense of a homosexual man (not stereotyping-that's how it was explained to me).

I have yet to meet a gay man who was wearing Pinaud... :001_smile

I second the term, "dork." I know it applies to me.

Hmmm...Stubblefops?
Double Edge Dandies?
Baby Buttheads?
Badger Brummels?
Scentamentalists?
Brush Bon Vivants?
Grooming Gormands?
Tonsorial Totalists?

Guys who shave? :001_huh:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
The Clan of the Lather

Sorry, Just finished reading "Dies the Fire" by SM Stirling and I'm thinking of everything in Retro-feudal terms.

Really? I always envisioned you as more of a gentle...man. If anybody told me I wasn't a man I'd probably have a chuckle and continue on my way. :thumbup1:

:lol: I was just kidding bud, Im nice guy and it takes alot to get under my skin :biggrin1: I however dont let people run me over though. :thumbup1:

Top Bottom