What's new

What are we?

With the interest in vintage shaving gear here as well as other vintage styles of clothing. Throw in the fact that we tend to be "ahem, elder statesmen" What should we call ourserves? The younger crowd, when obsessed with grooming were called "metro-sexuals". With tongue firmly planted in my cheek, I wondered does this make us...... wait for it...... Retro-sexuals! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am an old man in a kid's body. Or is it the other way around? Crap, I don't remember. I think this is where I yell, "Get off my lawn!"

An old philosopher once told me, "Inside every old person is a young person asking, 'What the hell happened?'"

An old philosopher once told me, "Inside every old person is a young person asking, 'What the hell happened?'"

I am only 31, but I completely understand that statement. I can't imagine what it must be like to be in your 70's and still feel like a kid.

I am most definitely in the old fart catagory! :biggrin1: :biggrin1: It has been a weird week, I got that phrase stuck in my head and had to get it out.

I'm only 23, and will be 24 in a week, and everybody at church calls me "The Ambassador". I've always dressed much more traditionally than my peers, starting in middle school, but I just can't make myself step foot inside an Abercrombie and Fitch, American Eagle, or Aeropostale. Back in high school I had a few AE shirts and sweaters, but that was before they went trendy and ropped the more traditional, prep look. I'm proud of my nickname. It means people look at me and associate me with maturity. If I could wear a navy blazer and striped tie with chinos every day, I probably would.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
They tell us that
we lost our tails
evolving up
from little snails
I say it's all
just wind in sails
are we not men?

We're dorks. Just face it. No need for further labels. The sooner you embrace it, the happier you'll be.

Wikipedia said:
USA pejorative slang for a quirky, silly and/or stupid, socially inept person, or one who is out of touch with contemporary trends. Often confused with nerd and geek, but does not imply the same intelligence level.

:crying:

Top Bottom