What's new

What are TOP contenders for the "Most-est for the least-est" Aftershave ?

Hi all,

I can't wait! I ordered a bunch of "Old School" Aftershave favorites (I've never tried).
Soon to arrive!
1 Aqua Velva Cooling After Shave, Classic Ice Blue 7 oz.
1 Aqua Velva Musk After Shave Cologne 3.50 oz.
1 Master Master Bay Rum After Shave 15 oz.
3 Pinaud Lilac Vegetal After-Shave Lotion 6 oz. (3 Pack)
1 Skin Bracer After Shave Original 7 oz.

SixCats!

I wash my face with lukewarm water and leave it almost dripping wet. The cooling effect is as good as any aftershave.

Hi all,

I can't wait! I ordered a bunch of "Old School" Aftershave favorites (I've never tried).
Soon to arrive!
1 Aqua Velva Cooling After Shave, Classic Ice Blue 7 oz.
1 Aqua Velva Musk After Shave Cologne 3.50 oz.
1 Master Master Bay Rum After Shave 15 oz.
3 Pinaud Lilac Vegetal After-Shave Lotion 6 oz. (3 Pack)
1 Skin Bracer After Shave Original 7 oz.

SixCats!
Just to complete your journey around the scent world you need to try 4711. Not cheap, but it dominates the floral segment. Lot's of history.

Have you tried many mentholated aftershaves? I’ve tried water and definitely get a greater cooling effect from menthol.

No. I quickly get desensitized to menthol and don't notice it. I don't use aftershave anymore except once in a while to use up some oversupply.

+1 for 4711 After Shave Lotion (100 ml = 5,95 €)

Nivea Post Shave Balm, especially the Sensitive formula (100 ml = $4.95 / 4,25 €)

Irisch Moos After Shave, either Lotion or Balm (150 ml = 9,95 €)

I am a fan of cheap aftershaves.

Best for scent longevity.

Old spice (Indian or European)
Gillette cool wave
Pinaud citrus musk

Best short lived scents.

Pinaud bay rum
AV ice blue
Epsilon Mediterranean blue (better than floid blue & AV IMO better staying power to!)
Proraso green

Honourable mentions

Nivea cooling balm
AV Musk (good longevity)
Skin bracer (good longevity)
Proraso sandalwood
Pinaud whiskey woods
Ogallala bay rum double strength (good longevity)

Wait for Xmas and you'll see lots of the mass market retail colognes in gift boxes with aftershave and balms. If you are lucky they'll overstock and you can get great deals after the holiday as well. Stetson, Canoe, PS One, Brut, English Leather, Aspen, British Sterling, etc. I've scored some great AS finds that way ( think 8oz glass bottle of Canoe AS with menthol for $5 ). I've even seen those scents in dollar stores then in small bottles. If they don't have the AS get the cologne at a good price and mix it 50/50 with witch hazel.

Hmmm, if you can get it for what it is truly worth, Arko Aftershave/Cologne. It's aftershave and cologne all in one. Heck any Turkish aftershave. It's aftershave and cologne all in one. Love them Turks.
And it comes in these HUGE bottles.

Hmmm, if you can get it for what it is truly worth, Arko Aftershave/Cologne. It's aftershave and cologne all in one. Heck any Turkish aftershave. It's aftershave and cologne all in one. Love them Turks.
And it comes in these HUGE bottles.
Which is your favourite?

I had cool, comfort, action, menthol, & the gold one.

An attempt to copy one million by Paca Rabane nice

They are certainly value for money but not completely to my taste YMMV
To be honest, I would have never known. Never tried One Million by Paca Rabane. In fact, I never knew either Paca existed nor a fragrance called One Million. I just picked up two Arko Comfort AS Balms. I use that throughout the day to moisturize my face with the dryness and the heat here.

Nivea 2-phase aftershave lotion.

Usually between £5-6 and often available for half price in places like Superdrug

How does it compare to proraso or spieck?

I have the Proraso Red. Of the two I'd say the Proraso has the slightly more moisturising feel with the Nivea providing more in the way of an astringent. Certainly wouldn't describe it as excessively drying though as the 2nd stage acts like a balm.

In terms of price the Nivea can be had way cheaper.

Scent is of course very personal, tbh I like 'em both and have no real preference though I'd say the Proraso is the stronger.

Spieck I have never tried.

I have the Proraso Red. Of the two I'd say the Proraso has the slightly more moisturising feel with the Nivea providing more in the way of an astringent. Certainly wouldn't describe it as excessively drying though as the 2nd stage acts like a balm.

In terms of price the Nivea can be had way cheaper.

Scent is of course very personal, tbh I like 'em both and have no real preference though I'd say the Proraso is the stronger.

Spieck I have never tried.

Thanks for the info

An attempt to copy one million by Paca Rabane nice

They are certainly value for money but not completely to my taste YMMV
I'm a jerk. In my response I forgot to thank you for pointing this out. Just reread what I wrote and it seemed to be a bit dry and callous. It was meant to be a thankful response.

Top Bottom