What's new

What are TOP contenders for the "Most-est for the least-est" Aftershave ?

If I had to pick one, I'd say Gabel's products. But Master's and Lustray also provide superb value products. And on a hot day, virtually any brand of Florida water makes for a nice aftershave.

Other than a few like the Gables which I haven't tried I like all the ones mentioned. I do like the Williams Aqua Velva, Brut, Stetson, Jovan Musk, a few of the Clubman's and maybe the Pitralon which I haven't used in a long time.

For balms I prefer Executive Shaving balm (original) and ABC apricot hull balm (pricey) over Nivea/Proraso.

Aftershaves still prefer Stirling or Fine accoutrements to just about anything else.

Hi Guys,

@MM879, "You just have to get over the fancy bottle thing, some can't." Speaking of fancy bottle(s)
Might any of you guys use and/or have suggestions as to what type of GLASS bottles to use in place of the (for instance) Clubman's PLASTIC bottles ? I've heard suggested that one should pour the Clubman into a Glass Bottle and ditch the plastic bottle.

SixCats!

I use empty Cholula bottles.
Or empty Tabasco bottles.
Works quite well.

I think the answers to this are always location-based... the local price for EU brands are so much better given the superior quality of the products, but of course we can’t get them here for anything close to that.

That goes for the many excellent Japanese drugstore splashes too (which still come in nice glass bottles). I've seen Lúcido in Japanese stores here, but for double the price over there.

Hi all,

OK, I went a little bit crazy today and ordered the following Aftershaves :

ORDER SUMMARY

1 Aqua Velva Cooling After Shave, Classic Ice Blue 7 oz.
1 Aqua Velva Musk After Shave Cologne 3.50 oz.
1 Master Master Bay Rum After Shave 15 oz.
3 Pinaud Lilac Vegetal After-Shave Lotion 6 oz. (3 Pack)
1 Skin Bracer After Shave Original 7 oz.

Mind you, I ordered the above Aftershaves hot on the Heels of all the "Flea Market" Colognes/Aftershave/Perfume I purchased this past weekend (for ten dollars) :
Four bottles of fun AVON stuff :

AVON Abe Lincoln Aftershave (full bottle)
AVON Siamese Cat Bottle Cologne Splash (full bottle)
AVON Mallard Duck Bottle Cologne/Aftershave ? (full bottle/missing label)
AVON "EXCALIBUR" Cologne 6 oz. Splash (full bottle)

Now, here's where it gets interesting :

Houbigant Chantilly EdC 8 oz. Splash (full bottle)
Michael Kors EdP Spray 100ml (90% full)
TERRE D'HERMES (75% full) 3.3 oz. Spray
Stetson Sierra Cologne Spray 2.25 oz. Spray (NIB)
CARRINGTON COLOGEN Spray 3.4 oz. (NOS)

ROGER & GALLET (Vintage) EdC Splash (1/2 bottle)
NORELL 1 oz. Perfume (full bottle/not sealed)

Fragrance Jones, I have a Fragrance Jones.......

SixCats!

Barbasol Brisk is $1.75 a bottle. Available from fine Dollar Stores everywhere. :)

That can’t be had from there anymore. They stopped selling it.

Now it can be ordered online from Walgreens for about 2.29 and shipped to your local store for free. Still a good deal if you don’t mind waiting a few days.

Aqua Velva Ice Blue is my top contender. But a close second is Osage Rub. If you like menthol, you owe it to yourself to try it. Third, probably Master Bay Rum. I'm not a fan of cloves and Master hits the mark with plain ol' bay rum.

Skin Bracer is ok for me with a little added glycerin. My dad always used it so it reminds me of him. I'm not that crazy about the scent though. Pinaud Clubman is also better for me with some added glycerin and my grandpa used it a lot so it reminds me of him but again I'm not that crazy about the scent. I still pretty much always have those two around and use them occasionally though.

Aqua Velva Ice Blue is my top contender. But a close second is Osage Rub. If you like menthol, you owe it to yourself to try it. Third, probably Master Bay Rum. I'm not a fan of cloves and Master hits the mark with plain ol' bay rum.

Skin Bracer is ok for me with a little added glycerin. My dad always used it so it reminds me of him. I'm not that crazy about the scent though. Pinaud Clubman is also better for me with some added glycerin and my grandpa used it a lot so it reminds me of him but again I'm not that crazy about the scent. I still pretty much always have those two around and use them occasionally though.

+1 for AV Ice Blue. AWESOME!

gabels.jpg

Top Bottom