What's new

What are TOP contenders for the "Most-est for the least-est" Aftershave ?

Hi all,

Pray tell, what do the good folks of B&B consider to be the best "bang for the buck" Aftershaves ? Of course I have and very much like "Pinaud Clubman" Aftershaves which
(I suspect) is considered one of the "best of the best" of it's type especially when one considers the price/amount/performance of the product. I suspect "Old Spice" falls into this same category. Of late, I have been doing a bit of research and thus far, my top contenders for new purchase that has my attention are SPEICK, PRORASO, FLOID VIGOROSO. That being said, might I be overlooking something ? I very like the idea of trying quality Aftershave products from Countries (other than the U.S.A.) if the cost is not too expensive. Oooh, I also have purchased both Thayers & Humphrey's Witch Hazel as well.
Thanks for you thoughts/suggestions/recommendations.

SixCats!

I'd recommend Ogallala Bay Rum. Just be sure to shake well before applying. They offer a sampler pack which is very handy.

Mennen Skin Bracer. Cheap, and everybody (brick & mortar stores) carries it.
Pinaud Clubman. Not as cheap, but you get lots more of it. 375 ml (12.5 oz)

For a few bucks more, Proraso Red and Reuzel. These are my two top favourite AS splashes regardless of price.

I think the answers to this are always location-based. Here in the states the brands like Pinaud, Old Spice, Aqua Velva are looked at as the inexpensive/value brands. But in the EU, you can find brands like Floid, La Toja, Myrsol etc for almost the same equivalent price. The local price for EU brands are so much better given the superior quality of the products, but of course we can’t get them here for anything close to that... it was shocking to me when seeing the price of products available over there.
It’s just the unfortunate truth of world economics.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Mennen Skin Bracer. Cheap, and everybody (brick & mortar stores) carries it.
Pinaud Clubman. Not as cheap, but you get lots more of it. 375 ml (12.5 oz)

For a few bucks more, Proraso Red and Reuzel. These are my two top favourite AS splashes regardless of price.
I agree with proraso red or green for value
I just got reuzel as and not sure i like it. Small bottle takes it out of a value winner imo.
Value artisan:
Stiring (good shipping) and wsp (sometimes free shipping)

As mentioned, drugstore brands are a great aftershave value. I see no need for expensive aftershave, but I have no big issues with irritation or dry skin.

Skin Bracer, Aqua Velva Classic Blue, Gillette Sensitive Gel and Nivea are all good drug store or Walmart type brands that are affordable and work well. I like Paul Sebastian and Stetson Original and Cooling Moisture as well.

My local barber supply store carries some of the Master Well Comb line of aftershave lotions, 15 oz for $7, Clubman Coachman and Lustray's Spice, Blue, and Bay Rum 14oz for $6, and 16 oz of Lucky Tiger Aspen for $10. Lot of bang for your buck.

Nivea balms are just straight up good (not just good for the price). Given that they are also cheap and readily available everywhere, everyone should own a bottle!

Have several, all good performers at a value price. Skin Bracer Original, Old Spice Original, Aqua Velva Musk, Master Challenge, Stephan Spicy, Lustray Spicy, Gillette Sensitive. Each of these have served me well. There are certainly others fellow members have mentioned that I either have no experience with or don't think too much of. I have way to many aftershaves, about three dozen, according to the missus, but that is her gripe not mine!

I very like the idea of trying quality Aftershave products from Countries (other than the U.S.A.) if the cost is not too expensive.

Not sure where you live, or the diversity of the population, but here in Virginia, at a local Caribbean market, I scored Limacol, Alcolado Glacial, Superior 70 Bay Rum, and Benjamin's Bay Rum. Strictly alcohol splashes, no face food.

Top Bottom