What's new

What are the next fashion trends?

Ties and suit jacket lapels are going to get wider for a while, before they suddenly become narrow. Pleats in trousers will almost completely disappear from stores, before suddenly they will be all that is available. Those things always happen! Count on it.

Bell bottoms are never coming back!

Brand new jeans without any fading or holes will be popular. i do not know if they will be creased.

White socks.

Oxblood shoes will be back. Men's shoes in more than one color of leather--say brown and white.

Some sort of hat or cap we are not thinking of will come into fashion.

Here is a real prediction based on some hints I am seeing. Men's athletic shorts will be short again, just like they used to wear in the NBA. It will be a disturbing sight at first!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I could be in the audience drinking either an obscure beer that no one has ever heard of or a PBR for the irony of it. You will recognize me by the scarf I will be wearing in 80 degree weather.
If you see a drummer singing Margaritaville it'll be me, lol.

It is hard to play that song if you have a cut heel.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Yup! I wear one of mine whenever the mood strikes me. I have a surprising number of people ask where they can get one.
Wearing a decent hat and looking comfortable in it might be the only good thing about me getting older.

People compliment ya when they can tell ya don't give a hoot what they think. At least that's my perception.

Once I figured out that most people ain't comfortable in their own skin I realized that I didn't have to be uncomfortable. Does that make any sense?

Kennedy killed Fedoras
JFK_&_Eisenhower_meeting_1961.jpg

Some sort of hat or cap we are not thinking of will come into fashion.
Can I interest you in a spiffy new glengarry bonnet?
proxy.php

I do see a variety of hats around. Fedoras, knit caps, straw cowboy hats, porkpie (thank you, "Breaking Bad") hats, bucket hats, Trilbys, panamas, etc., but the more interesting ones tend to be worn by guys in their 20s.

Now I'm thinking to fabricate myself a floppy wool tam o'shanter for casual winter wear.
Hey, I'm retired. I can wear anything I want.

proxy.php

Top Bottom