What's new

What are the best value/bang for the buck shave items?

Omega Boar brushes as already recommended by some astute shavers.
i would also recommend Semogue Boar brushes, they are slightly more expensive than Omega brushes, but they are very nice as well and inexpensive in the long run.
Cella Extra Extra Bio shave cream: simply magnificent performance and scent. This is like worth Thirty Bajillion Dollars but can be had for a very reasonable price.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
For me it's got to be my Chinese genuine synthetic first quality pure sliver tip badger hair brush. USD 2 including shipping.

It's actually now my go-to brush and betters by far my German and British real badger brushes costing 30 to 40 times more.

Three suggestions (in different categories)
1. MWF (huge puck that LASTS a long time)
2. Czech blades (check out the current ‘Czech out these blades’ thread on the blades forum)
3. Proraso green splash (especially in the barber size bottle)
Great values for the $ IMHO! :a29: :a29:

All of the Pinaud Clubman aftershave products including the finest powder
Osage Rub
Old Spice classic
Skin Bracer
Aqua Velva
Brut
Neutrogena Liquid Transparent (glycerin) as a pre shave
Astra SP blades

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
You nailed it with Arko sticks.

Also . . .

• Most Stirling products;
  • Yaqi brushes;
  • Lord L6 razors;
. . . and anything else that pleases and satisfies, regardless of cost.

You nailed it with Arko sticks.

Also . . .

• Most Stirling products;
  • Yaqi brushes;
  • Lord L6 razors;
. . . and anything else that pleases and satisfies, regardless of cost.

Great point! The L6 especially: very fine, drama free shaves for a very reasonable price! :a29:

Depends on one's definition of 'buck'. I don't make much buck myself, so I don't usually eyeball things made by Timeless or MdC for example. But since I love resurrecting old threads, here are some of my biggest bang for your buck items:

Generic shave gel from dollar store (can't remember the brand. It's clear, comes in a squeeze tube, and is slick as snot!)

Derby creams (yep.)

Arko is retarded cheap and outperforms most soaps

Wilkinson Sword (Gillette, India)

Baili razor (prefer TTO)

Most Yaqi products

Cella kilo

CJB Kamisori

Vintage Gillette razors

Vintage GEM razors

Vintage Schick razors

La Toja sticks

Gillette Guard

Derby Stick

Dollar store witch hazel

Godrej creams and soap

Williams

Mineral oil from dollar store (for lubricating everything)

Clubman

Aqua Velva

Tree Hut shave oil

:)

Last edited:
In random order:

V de H shave soap

Mennen Skin Bracer after shave

Williams Aqua Velva after shave

Schick Injector Razor

Parker Variant adjustable razor

Schick Krona DE razor

Gillette NEW LC razor from 1930's

Gillette Super Speed razor

Brut after shave

Wilkinson DE blades (German)

Pinaud Clubman after shave

Yeah they last but the price is out of line....try CBL TONSORIAL SOAPS better soap better value
Yep, CBL Tonsorial is definitely good soap, I've got some in my den. But MdC lasts about 1 1/2 years - 2 years of daily shaves. I haven't used it daily for that period of time, but there's threads here of it being used like that. My 2 tubs of MdC hardly have a dent in either & I've used them for many, many shaves. I'll take that cost per shave.

Tabac or Arko shave sticks
Razorock stainless Game Changer razors
Maggard synthetic brushes

I've spent a little over a grand on this hobby so far, and ultimately settled on the above which cost less than a lone $100 bill, after you add in 100 blades of your choice of course. That's enough blades and soap for at least a year if shaving every other day. You don't need lots of money to shave like a king in 2020!

Yep, CBL Tonsorial is definitely good soap, I've got some in my den. But MdC lasts about 1 1/2 years - 2 years of daily shaves. I haven't used it daily for that period of time, but there's threads here of it being used like that. My 2 tubs of MdC hardly have a dent in either & I've used them for many, many shaves. I'll take that cost per shave.

+1 I’m pretty sure MdC is my cheapest soap/cream per shave. And also the best.

Gem Micromatic Open Comb razor
MDC
Plisson Synthetic Brush
BIC blades if you can score them in Asia

The MDC and Plisson aren't cheap up front but will last forever.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Top Bottom