What's new

What are the best tactics for 3017ing a soap?

How do you 3017 soaps?

• One at a time

Votes: 34 56.7%
  • In a rotation

Votes: 9 15.0%
  • Whenever I think of it

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Wait, what, you can use a whole soap up

Votes: 11 18.3%

• Total voters

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
I am trying to 3017 some of my soaps to have a more sane rotation instead of the 21 I currently have.
After starting at the beginning of September (and taking a couple of months break) I have managed to use 8 soaps. When I started I just picked a soap and used it until it was finished, but recently I have had a small 2 or 3 soap rotation which has allowed me to make progress on some of my least favourite soaps.
My question is what are people's favourite 3017 methods? and are there some I've missed?

One at a time with the occasional distraction provided by special events and challenges. I had no idea each puck/stick/tub/tube of cream/croap/soap would survive 3 months or more of daily shaves and now I have literally pounds of product to work through. Oh well, I guess it's a good problem to have. I'm trying to tackle the creams and croaps first because I think they may have the shortest shelf life; I could be wrong, but I don't want to find out.

While I think the quickest way to 3017 a soap is one at a time, my preferred method is (as @strop mentioned) 3 or 4 at a time. This year I focused on one at a time because I had a tub of Cella that was a bit darker than I thought it should have been. It smelled fine and performed as it should, but I didn't want to wait until I was forced to throw it away so I powered through it. I also had a cap fail on a tube of Proraso and transferred the contents to a tub and decided to finish it off as soon as possible. I was also working on a stick of Arko transferred to a tub during a challenge, but I have since decided to move the Arko to a tube and use it for travel instead.

Once the Proraso is done, I plan to move back to the rotation strategy because it provides more of a variety. I figure I should be able to finish at least 3 soaps per year. So once I've selected the victims, I take a sample (about 30 grams or so) from the container and move it to my loading bowl. Once that sample is gone, I do the same with the next in the rotation. I continue until one of the source containers is empty at which time it is replaced with another from my stash. Variety, consistency, and consumption...

I voted "one at a time," but I do have a modified version of 3017. I pick one soap to kill and use it everyday during the week and pick something else for Saturday morning(the end of my work week.) I then continue with the same "during the week soap." I continue this until I finish that heavy hitter soap.

It will probably still take me until the year 3017 to finish all of the soaps in my inventory. Yes, I referred to my soap as inventory. That should take some of the mystery out of how many soaps I've collected over the past 6 yrs or so. :c9:

It starts with

give a big chunk away to a good friend.

if It stinks or irritates bin it or give it away.

Small remains frankensoap it.

and yeah hungry badgers help a loooot

Reactions: bjm
Use a pro size boar brush such as Omega 49 or Zenith B03-A26.

Superlather. Convert one of your soaps into a soap stick. Use this to apply an initial layer of soap to the face. Load your brush with a second soap or cream. Face lather the combination. The result will usually be a lather explosion that combines the properties of two different products. You have not lived until you have shaved with mentholated Schafmilch soap mixed with Eucalyptus shaving cream in the Summer.

🥶

Last edited:
1- Keep it in rotation !!! (If you are enough with this soap, give a friend who promise to use it daily basis and return you back after a while)

2- Use you bigger size boar brush with a lot of backbone

3- Use your SOC mistura or Torga Mistura c5 they are soap eaters

3- Blooming will increase your consumption

4- Use a less aggressive Razor, this will increase your passes and this will automatically increase your loading amount and consumption

5- Increase your shaving freaquency if you are not a daily shaver

6- Encourage someone on your entourage to start wet shaving and let him give a try with the soap that you want to 3017

7- Grate some part of it and press in small container. This way you can take along to your vacations. In furteherence this method will show you that you can finish some part of it and this will encourage you to finish litlle by little with baby steps.

8- Act like a veteran shaver, do not try to 3017 it, just enjoy it... :thumbup:

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Use a pro size boar brush such as Omega 49 or Zenith B03-A26.

Superlather. Convert one of your soaps into a soap stick. Use this to apply an initial layer of soap to the face. Load your brush with a second soap or cream. Face lather the combination. The result will usually be a lather explosion that combines the properties of two different products. You have not lived until you have shaved with mentholated Schafmilch soap mixed with Eucalyptus shaving cream in the Summer.

🥶
I’m warming up to the idea of shave stick base layer with another puck loaded soap on top. Its time to double up some products to move things along. Now just have to figure out the pairings. Thinking Wilkinson Sword Stick and Williams may be a good start? Superlather…it has a nice ring to it.

Top Bottom