What's new

What are some things about wet shaving that makes you cringe?

The thing that makes me cringe the most is when some people proudly detail all the top expensive products and tools they are using and still end up getting an average to bad shave...Then proceed to **** on minimalistic people using simple & proven products including cartridge/disposable razors. Of course, a proper wet shave using a DE razor can delivery extreme shave quality, but unless you achieve that shave, you have no right to **** on people using tools that get them better shaves than yours. Period.

These people almost end up sounding like the shaving equivalent of the "LARPERs". They have all the tools yet in the action itself suck extremely bad.

The hard reality of shaving is that the end result is what counts and what you will be judged upon. You either have baby smooth skin or you don't...

The thing that makes me cringe the most is when some people proudly detail all the top expensive products and tools they are using and still end up getting an average to bad shave...

What I think is going on is people who buy a lot of stuff introduce variety in their routine constantly. Minimalists stick to the same kit and have mastered it. You can be minimalist with uber expensive kit, you'll still get great shaves.

The overly obnoxious, hour long written shave reviews, where people write them as if constructing a personal, artistic journal entry. “After freshly polishing my SS top cap to effect perfect glide....and on the second stoke of pass three, where I transited my lower left jaw line , I adjusted my shave angle .002 percent, added 3.5 droplets of water to my Grooming Dept (the only soap anyone should use, and I’ll argue all day long about it) lather, I achieved a perfect Level 3.2 BBS stroke and was rewarded with total consciousness”.......It’s just shaving.

The overly obnoxious, hour long written shave reviews, where people write them as if constructing a personal, artistic journal entry. “After freshly polishing my SS top cap to effect perfect glide....and on the second stoke of pass three, where I transited my lower left jaw line , I adjusted my shave angle .002 percent, added 3.5 droplets of water to my Grooming Dept (the only soap anyone should use, and I’ll argue all day long about it) lather, I achieved a perfect Level 3.2 BBS stroke and was rewarded with total consciousness”.......It’s just shaving.

I actually envy those guys who can get fully immersed in the experience, learn every aspect of it meticulously. You and I are probably more shopaholics than pogonotomist. Each to their own.

Last edited:
I actually envy those guys who can get fully immersed in the experience, learn every aspect of it meticulously. You and I are probably more shopaholics than pogotonomists. Each to their own.

They are more than entitled to write whatever they would like. Those write-ups make me laugh and “cringe”, which was what this thread is about. Thus, my post. Like you said, to each their own. Never heard of a “pogotonomist” so I can’t comment on that. Ha. I had to “google” that one. No luck.

They are more than entitled to write whatever they would like. Those write-ups make me laugh and “cringe”, which was what this thread is about. Thus, my post. Like you said, to each their own. Never heard of a “pogotonomist” so I can’t comment on that. Ha. I had to “google” that one. No luck.

Clicky

- People who think that "wet shaving" applies only to "traditional" shaving.
- People who say that canned foam is disgusting.
- People who call it canned "goo".
- The mentality that "natural" ingredients are automatically better/better for you
- The "if I can't pronounce it it's bad" fallacy. The fact that you're scientifically illiterate doesn't mean something is bad. Plus, the "natural" thing you can pronounce is made up of hundreds of chemical molecules you could never pronounce anyways and yet you're ok with them...
-Cartridges/carts are evil. They did a fantastic job on my scrotum prior to my vasectomy.

I could go on but this will already p*ss some of you off enough already.

I agree with all of these.

Top Bottom