What's new

What are some things about wet shaving that makes you cringe?

For me, it's the way the some men shave. The whole swipe from one corner to the other, all in one pass. I just don't understand the method behind it.

Also, how a some barbers (mostly European) DO NOT use hot towels or decent quality products when giving their customers a shave. They strictly rely on boar brush dipped in hot water and whatever cheap, low quality soap/cream they happen to have. They mix the lather on the client's face and begin to shave. Sometimes you can see how the razor drags rather cuts through properly the whiskers.

A lot of things, but I won't bother mentioning most of them since it won't be my money being spent on it.
To each his own, and remember, Your Mileage May Vary.

For me it's remembering how I used to run a bunch of razors, all spinning in circles over my dry face then walk away 'clean shaven'. No wonder I had always hated shaving....

The $20 price for a single block of alum at AoS.

Having any block of alum slip out of your hand, hit something hard and shatter.

What do people with moles, warts, and skin tags do?
That sounds like a gore-fest waiting to happen.

Well, a styptic pencil is your friend at that point.

Moles? It depends on their size and shape. I've got one that only rises a little from my cheek. The DE razor rides right over the top of that one. I haven't been so lucky with a shavette there.

Skin tags? The safety bar holds little ones down. Larger ones have been known to get suicidal, and throw themselves in the path of the oncoming razor. Which leads to a little pink lather, but then they're gone.

Warts? You've got me there. No experience, therefore no idea.

Cringe worthy is how many men seem to have to start a review or explanation of a razors performance on this forum with comments that they took a shower and / or let something soak or “bloom” during their shower.

Could just be me but I find the regularity if that comment weird.

Call me a grumpy old dude. Now that Ive written this comment I will go and hop into a nice, hot shower

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Straight razors. They both fascinate and frighten me. Much as I admire their exquisite craftsmanship--and the skill of those who use them--I am unable to touch one. This may hark back to an early viewing of Un Chien Andalou in which an eyeball sliced open with a straight. Then there's the whole matter of reflexively trying to catch a dropped razor . . .

As Dirty Harry once said, "A man's gotta know his limitations."

Top Bottom