What's new

What are some of your favorites that you don't wear in public?

Just like the title says

What are your favorites that you don't wear outside. Do to the response you get from the public?

Zino Davidoff: Some people like the scent. But others have been like oooh!!

Bijan: No comments. Just an eyebrow raiser and a look like I need to wash that off.

Quite a few.
Kouros
Dior Leather Oud
Xerjoff Ceylon
Xerjoff Zafar
Areej Le Dore Oud Luwak
Histoires de Parfums 1740
MFK Absolue Pour Le Soir
Amouage Interlude Man
Kemi Kemi

Two that come immediately to mind...

Liz Claiborne's Mambo for Men and Bora Bora for Men. Nice scents, but I've not found a public setting that seemed appropriate. So if I take a shower at night, I'll spray it on. I'm sure there's a couple more.

I only wore Oud oil to work once. A very small dab.
My co-workers could smell it as soon as I entered the room.
they said it smelled like I was at a bon-fire.
I remember the oil was very smokey but I didn't think it smelled like a fire.

I looooove Musks Koublai Khan from Serge Lutens. Got mixed feelings from friends and colleagues when wearing it outside the home... So I have now limted its use for when I am home and don't plan on going out. A bit of a "controversial" scent if you read the reviews, but in my opinion it's one of the best animalic/musk fragrances I have found so far, once you get past the "fecal" inital top notes.

I only wore Oud oil to work once. A very small dab.
My co-workers could smell it as soon as I entered the room.
they said it smelled like I was at a bon-fire.
I remember the oil was very smokey but I didn't think it smelled like a fire.

Some oud could do that, especially pure Vietnamese or Cambodian oil.

Getting the cheap stuff diluted with sandalwood should make it much more wearable and it still smells like oud.

Some oud could do that, especially pure Vietnamese or Cambodian oil.

Getting the cheap stuff diluted with sandalwood should make it much more wearable and it still smells like oud.

I have samples from Agar Aura. I highly recommend his oils. They are amazing.
I do have some sandalwood oil somewhere too. Should find it and see how it wears.

I have samples from Agar Aura. I highly recommend his oils. They are amazing.
I do have some sandalwood oil somewhere too. Should find it and see how it wears.

I like Australian sandalwood. And unlike agarwood, it should be acceptable to just about everybody.

I looooove Musks Koublai Khan from Serge Lutens. Got mixed feelings from friends and colleagues when wearing it outside the home... So I have now limted its use for when I am home and don't plan on going out. A bit of a "controversial" scent if you read the reviews, but in my opinion it's one of the best animalic/musk fragrances I have found so far, once you get past the "fecal" inital top notes.

This is the first one that came to my mind when I read the thread title.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I wear Grey Flannel when trying to offend.

Not that it's bad, just the opposite. But it is loud!

Fahrenheit has to be carefully considered too. Not exactly job interview wear.

AA

I really did speak too soon the first time around, although I would probably wear this one in public, and I do not love it all that much in the first instance.

I wear Grey Flannel when trying to offend.

Not that it's bad, just the opposite. But it is loud!

Fahrenheit has to be carefully considered too. Not exactly job interview wear.

AA

Tried a tester of Fahrenheit the other day couldn't wait to get it washed off... not the leather smell i'm looking for.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
From my limited experience, the only one I have found that MIGHT be on this list is Roam.

Definitely not a favorite of my wife. ;)

Top Bottom