What's new

What are some of the most powdery barbershops?

Noble otter has the best powder forward barbershop imo. It’s strong but also balanced, and the performance is top notch. To boot, it’s only 16$ (compared to other top artisians like WK it’s a steal).

I noticed Myrsol has some soaps now and one of the choices is Blue. Their Blue aftershave was kind of the definitive powder fragrance in my mind. Maybe someone who has tried the soap can chime in on the scent.

proxy.php

One question...
What is the actual powder that an "powdery scent" is supposed to smell like?

Is it Johnson & Johnson Baby Powder?

proxy.php

One question...
What is the actual powder that an "powdery scent" is supposed to smell like?

Is it Johnson & Johnson Baby Powder?
That's what I have been presuming.

There are quite a few actual baby powders that have that same scent (in my opinion) but I'd say you're right on the money... Johnson & Johnson is the original. Hence, then standard and the namesake so to speak.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I exclusively use Stirling soaps and Barbershop was the 1st one I ordered and although it is predominantly a powder scent it has an underlying vanilla tone to it as well that makes it stand out from most.

As to the powdery scent itself, Clubman talcum powder which has a corn starch base to it and has been the staple of traditional barbershops for generations. If you have ever been in a traditional barbershop then you would know what this scent is and I can personally attest that its smells nothing like a clean babies ***!! Very different scent altogether...

I exclusively use Stirling soaps and Barbershop was the 1st one I ordered and although it is predominantly a powder scent it has an underlying vanilla tone to it as well that makes it stand out from most.

As to the powdery scent itself, Clubman talcum powder which has a corn starch base to it and has been the staple of traditional barbershops for generations. If you have ever been in a traditional barbershop then you would know what this scent is and I can personally attest that its smells nothing like a clean babies ***!! Very different scent altogether...
You got me... I've never been to a real old-school barber shop with the straight razor shave etc.. As a dad, I go with what I know. [emoji16]

I'm still going to get some of that Stirling Barbershop. It sound better and better with each review / post. Ive been itching to try a Stirling soap, anyway.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Stifling Barbershop is one of my favourite soaps...and it does have a powdery scent. The other soap that comes to mind is Institut Karite. Nice powdery scent, though not typically a soap I associate with barbershop scent.

You got me... I've never been to a real old-school barber shop with the straight razor shave etc.. As a dad, I go with what I know.
proxy.php
What I am describing as traditional is your average everyday small town America barbershop. Think Mayberry RFD type!! I can't really think of any shops growing up here in the midwest where they did any straight shaves, but they did do DE shaves on occasion. The barbershop I go to now does the occasion DE or shavette shave for some of the real oldtimers that still go there and there are bottles of Pinaud Clubman aftershave and talc on display as always and the talc is used for every hair cut that is done...

Don’t think it’s been mentioned yet but a great powder-y and pepper-y barbershop scented soap is Declaration Grooming’s Bandwagon. The bison base is easily one of the best out there and their take on barbershop is unique (in a good way).

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Don’t think it’s been mentioned yet but a great powder-y and pepper-y barbershop scented soap is Declaration Grooming’s Bandwagon. The bison base is easily one of the best out there and their take on barbershop is unique (in a good way).
+1!

Top Bottom