What's new

What are some less expensive fragrances that you can no longer find and would love to have again?

My picks --

Ralph Lauren CHAPS and Ralph Lauren CHAPS MUSK
Both were very nice, more affordable RL products. Very distinctive and manly scents with loads of character.

Yardley English Blazer
I loved this stuff. Haven't seen it in decades!

Aspen
I got some of this as a gift one Christmas in my teens. It was a pine scented cologne and very nice

Raw Vanilla by Coty

I mean, one can buy this from some internet shops for like $70USD/1.7 oz bottle. Screw that noise. I think I bought a bottle once for like $12 in the late 90's/early 2000's.

What's "less expensive" is very subjective, but if I choose to interprete it as less expensive than designer brands like Dior, JPG and suchlike I do very much miss Sandalwood by Crabtree&Evelyn.

I love Crabtree & Evelyn. I can't find them too often these days. They would be low to mid priced in my view

My picks --

Ralph Lauren CHAPS and Ralph Lauren CHAPS MUSK
Both were very nice, more affordable RL products. Very distinctive and manly scents with loads of character.

Yardley English Blazer
I loved this stuff. Haven't seen it in decades!

Aspen
I got some of this as a gift one Christmas in my teens. It was a pine scented cologne and very nice
Aspen is available at my local Wal-mart

Burt's Bees version of Bay Rum. Those turds discontinued it. The shaving soap was terrible, but I loved the aftershave balm, cologne, bar soap, and moisturizer.

The Aspen of ten years ago was excellent. Much like Cool Water, but with more lavender. I picked up a current bottle this past summer, similar to the old version but woodier on drydown, and a bit shy on longevity. Still, darned good juice. My old bottle is for going out on the town, the new bottle is for everyday bumming around the house. IMO, every dude who likes to smell A1 needs at least one of the two of Cool Water or Aspen.

I recently picked up a bottle of Aspen on recommendations from this thread. It is very similar to cool water maybe not as complex but at a fraction of the cost make it a great bargain. I have a hard time deciding which one I like better, Aspen maybe more pine and woods vs. CW aquatic. Aspen is definitely a keeper in the rotation.

L'Occitane used to sell a really nice vetiver fragrance that I haven't seen the past few times I have been in one of their stores. I think it was just called Vetiver. I heard it was discontinued.

Top Bottom