What's new

What are some less expensive fragrances that you can no longer find and would love to have again?

L'Occitane used to sell a really nice vetiver fragrance that I haven't seen the past few times I have been in one of their stores. I think it was just called Vetiver. I heard it was discontinued.

They have discontinued and re-released it a couple of times. Hopefully it'll be released.

The Johnny Depp version is "Sauvage" an entirely different fragrance from "Eau Sauvage" which is still sold.

This one:

375x500.14811.jpg

L'Occitane used to sell a really nice vetiver fragrance that I haven't seen the past few times I have been in one of their stores. I think it was just called Vetiver. I heard it was discontinued.

I missed this earlier. I agree. A very nice vetiver and reasonably priced. To me the best of the L'Occitane scents. [U]OldSkoolMillennial[/U] may have it right. (I remember it being discontinued, but I do not remember it being re-released.)

I do not know whether I would actually wear them, but the original English Leather, Brut, and British Sterling versions were much better to my nose than what is out there now, except perhaps for overseas and other exotic versions of Brut that take some trouble to track down, at least as I understand it.

Dior Eau Sauvage is definitely still available and is very different from Sauvage.

I missed this earlier. I agree. A very nice vetiver and reasonably priced. To me the best of the L'Occitane scents. [U]OldSkoolMillennial[/U] may have it right. (I remember it being discontinued, but I do not remember it being re-released.)

I do not know whether I would actually wear them, but the original English Leather, Brut, and British Sterling versions were much better to my nose than what is out there now, except perhaps for overseas and other exotic versions of Brut that take some trouble to track down, at least as I understand it.

Dior Eau Sauvage is definitely still available and is very different from Sauvage.
Here in south Africa we still get the Fabergé brut, brand new in the bottle. The cheapest aftershave available here.

Sent from my Redmi S2 using Tapatalk

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
We get Fabergé brut, brand new here in SA. The cheapest aftershave we have.

Sent from my Redmi S2 using Tapatalk
Sadly it is not the same. A 200ml vintage Faberge Brut in the UK can be over £50 and is very scarce. We can also buy the modern version in the supermarket for less than £5. These are the originals: il_794xN.1768967298_td8x.jpgil_794xN.420194985_rnfm.jpg

Here in south Africa we still get the Fabergé brut, brand new in the bottle. The cheapest aftershave available here.

Can you still get the original Aramis Havana in the round blue bottle? As I recall, you could in So Africa a long time after they discontinued it in the States, at least before they reissued in the square bottle.

Top Bottom