What's new

What are some good vendors?

Is there a list of B&B vendors?
What are some of the common ones that offer good pricing and good customer service?

Yes... that's kinda what I was looking for.
I'd like to hear opinions on what the standout favorites are now.

Dave at Benton Clay is a super nice guy, best customer service I've had out of any vendors so far !
Larry at Whipped Dog is a super friendly guy, loves to help folks out any way he can, super fine honing jobs too !
Glen at Gemstar Customs is a great guy to do business with and a hone miester / restore / sales guy !
Ernie at Ambrose Shave for an awesome restoration job, super friendly guy, great communication !

Last edited:

Thats where you look around at the shopping and deals forum that Mr Scruffy linked. It shouldn't take you long to find vendor praise. Everyone has their preferred vendors. I use different ones depending on what I'm looking to buy. Seem the ones I frequent the most are West Coast Shaving, Vintageblades, BullGoose, and thesuperiorshave(for simpson brushes).

Last edited:
That is a tough one. It depends on what I am shopping for. What I would suggest is to read threads in forums on the particular item of interest and try to get a fill for what you think you might like and go from there. For instance you think you want to try some Mandom, I do not think the number one vendor can help you there.

The most fun you will have here at B&B is not the easy score , but the fun of the chase. Think of some of your interest and go to that forum and see what others say. Like Mr. Scruffy said the vendor corner is a good place to look for savings.

to be honest i love the Superior shave (superiorshave.com), its a very minamilist site and i think jarrod can make a lot more money by having a more visually appealing site. I originally purchased from him simply because he had the lowest priced dovo best quality 5/8 razor pre sharpened. Ships fast and has good customer service, however selection is kinda low and doesnt carry all the brands, if i do find something at another trusted site for cheaper or something he doesnt carry i will occasionally purchase from another vendor, but right now he seems to have the best customer service, puts on a decent edge on the straights and is very helpful with inquiries.

Everyone probably has their own favorites depending on product. It all depends on what you're looking for. Different vendors carry different products. I've ordered from West Coast, Vintage Blades, Bullgoose, Queen Charlotte Soaps, Mama Bear, Vintage Scent, iamdarkangel, ntguy, as well as bought stuff on B/S/T. Never had an issue. All are extremely helpful in answering questions and offering recommendations and have quick shipping if US based. Check the vendor threads for specific comments.

Last edited:
My dealings with the vendors I have used have all been excellent. Bullgoose, Mama Bear, Charles at QED, Superior Shave, Vintage Blades, Lees Razors, EM's Place, Classic Shaving all are great.

My dealings with the vendors I have used have all been excellent. Bullgoose, Mama Bear, Charles at QED, Superior Shave, Vintage Blades, Lees Razors, EM's Place, Classic Shaving all are great.

+1 there are some that stand out,

Btw i noticed that the superior shave isnt listed in the wiki, dont dismiss the site however. Classic shaving is another good site that has alot more selection and west coast shaving has a few hard to find brushes available. A very small percentage of the population wetshaves, and most of the vendors are aware of that, i cant imagine them having the same volume as electronic or other popular item vendors, i've come to the conclusion that most of these shops have great customer service cause the customer base is kinda small to begin with.

That's what I was looking for. The sites and names that tend to get mentioned most often.
Being new to this, I'm just looking for an all around complete site that caters to a large selection of the most common stuff. I have no need yet for any niche specialty items... just the basic stuff that you all started with.

West Coast Shaving, The Superior Shave and The Italian Barber are all excellent.
So, too, Mama Bear's Soaps and Dirty Bird Pottery.

Jeff

If you, against the odds, are Norwegian, Barbershop.no is great, and has great delivery time. 50 NOK in shipping, base in Vestby, Akershus.

I suppose it was worth mentioning :001_smile

Many here (if not all) agree that Rudy Vey does fine work on brushes and other things.

-Compaq:001_smile

I've had good luck with Vintage Blades, Queen Charlotte Soaps, Razor Blades and More, Italian Barber and Vintage Scent. As others have stated, look in the Vendor Corner and Shopping and Deals to find feedback on the vendors.

Top Bottom