What's new

What are some good Rose shaving soaps?

St. Charles Shave Rose Damascena is made with Rose absolute, and may be the most pure rose scent I've smelled in a shave product. Performance is excellent, too.

Really surprised that nobody has yet mentioned Mystic Water's Rosalimone. Granted, it's not a straight, pure rose scent. But it's rose paired with lemon, and it smells divine.

For me the Dusy/Klar soap smells wonderful but leaves a lot to be desired performance wise compared to some of the other offerings. It was originally marketed towards barbers which is why you see the large blocks of it. You used to hear a lot about this soap as it was popular because you got a ton of it and it was inexpensive. Since Dusy started making it instead of Klar it's no longer exported to the United States and the shipping costs have made it much more expensive. You can get it on the popular auction site but to me it's not worth the asking price considering the performance. A really excellent rose scent though.

I am a rose scent fanatic so I've tried most of the products mentioned in this thread and some other as well. The hard soap I find to be best is the above mentioned Dusy Kabinett. It's actually one of the very best shaving soaps I've ever used. It is indeed the very same soap as the legendary Klar Kabinett. They've changed one of the oils in it, but that doesn't change anything.

I´ll never ever again buy Trumpers Rose shaving soap. It is actually the worst shaving soap I've ever tried. Some years afterwards it still makes me angry.

If you would venture into shaving creams the Cyril Salter Rose cream mentioned above is the best rose shaving cream I've ever tried. I'd also like to warn you for Harris Rose shaving cream, I got it as soon as it hit the market. It's not bad but the strong colouring gave one of my silvertip brushes an interesting and rather female colour. They hopefully have fixed that problem in later batches.

I'd also like to recommend Aramis Calligraphy Rose Perfume and Montale Black Aoud perfume. The later is not for the faint hearted. It's a very potent and very masculine scent. Rose on testosterone.

In any case I wish you the best of luck in your quest.

My favorites are L&L Grooming Rose Santal, Mike's Rose and Cedarwood, Soap Smooth Rose Cocoa, and LpL Rose de Pushkar. If you are looking for a pure rose with nothing else going on, I would recommend Trumpers rose cream (not soap!).

I concur with Polarbeard above on the Black Aoud suggestion above. Not to get too sidetracked, but if you are after a rose fragrance, try Portrait of a Lady by Frederick Malle and Lumiere Noire by Maison Francis Kurkdjean.

I agree with the Dusy and the discontinued Klar Kabbinet recommendation, I found the performance and scent to be quite good. The problem with Dusy is that nobody stocks it state-side and shipping it is quite expensive.

I agree with the Dusy and the discontinued Klar Kabbinet recommendation, I found the performance and scent to be quite good. The problem with Dusy is that nobody stocks it state-side and shipping it is quite expensive.
Is that a Volvo P1800? Long time no see.

WK Chypre Rose Concerto is wonderful. Although it is not listed as an offered sample I emailed them and was able to purchase a sample(tallow not the new donkey milk version about to come out).

I know the word is that Geo F. Trumper's hard pucks are hit-or-miss after the reformulation, so I'm not yet sure if I will spring for one or not.

I have half a puck (maybe less) left of what was deemed to be the last good veggie formulation of GFT Rose from 2012. I haven't use it in 3+ years. If you want it, PM me your address and I'll ship it to you. I don't know how the new stuff compares.

I have half a puck (maybe less) left of what was deemed to be the last good veggie formulation of GFT Rose from 2012. I haven't use it in 3+ years. If you want it, PM me your address and I'll ship it to you. I don't know how the new stuff compares.
Wow, that is very generous of you! Thank you very much for this opportunity, it means a lot to me. PM incoming.

I also have not had the best experience with GFT albeit I've only used the creams. I tried the Rose and Violet. The Violet lathered better than the Rose and I thought about getting some more but I just couldn't get good protection out of the Rose. I love the T&H Rose but they've discontinued it. The TOBS Rose is also good but I preferred the T&H smell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love rose soaps. And creams. After trying almost all those mentioned, I've settled on three soaps and once cream.
1. Soap Commander Love. And excellent true rose, good performance
2. Le Pere Lucien Rose de Pushkar. Different, a musky rose scent, rather "oriental." Very good performer
3. Martin de Cendre Rose. For me, the best by far. The scent hits that authentic sweet spot, and it is my best-performing soap
4. I've tried and dismissed most of the rose creams. The one that made the cut is the Salter Rose.

My broken arm and rebuilt elbow are healing up nicely, but very slowly. I've been using D. R. Harris Arlington stick and a Mach 3, but today, I finally was able to whip up a bowl of MdC rose; I will try my Fatboy next shave! Bliss; it's been a long summer/fall.

I have a sample of TOBS Rose that I haven't tried out yet. It smells promising, but I did not love the performance of TOBS Mr Taylor which I also have a sample of.
I recently got a tub of TOBS Rose cream. I like the performance of it but I found the scent to be very faint. Almost unidentifiable to my nose.

I like TOBS Mr Taylors too, so we must have very different preferences. The Rose seems somewhat softer (than Mr Taylors), so I have to be careful not to waste it by charging the brush with too much product.

Top Bottom