What's new

What are some current good (no bleed through) journals/notebooks?

I’ve been using these since Working From Home

I’ve used Midori and Tomoe River and these are easily as good if not not better for a corporate setting.

Loads of choice and customisable.

Used with fine to bold nibs with no feathering or ghosting.

Love them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
I have been using Tomoe River notebooks for about ten years. I found them the best for fountain pens that I have used. I purchase in notebook form from an Australian supplier. Prior to that I started with Moleskin then on to Rhodia. Still have about 50 Rhodia. I will look into the article. I think I may still have old stock TRP.

I ordered a few Black and Red notebooks last summer - they seemed to be well made (mine were manufactured in Poland) and the paper quality seems close to Rhodia for less than half the price!

Got my two Black & Red A5 Notebooks today. Well made, and I put 5 different FP's to the test with various nib sizes. I used Aurora Black and Jacques Herbin Bleu de minuit inks. There was ghosting on the backside but I would say it was minimal. Both inks I used are very wet ink leaving 'Puddles' behind that take anywhere between 20 to 30 seconds to dry. I think the Jacques Herbin takes a bit longer. Overall I am pleased and only wish I bought a few years ago. I will buy them again and it's hard to beat the price for a 2 pak.

The Fountain Pens I used:

Lamy 2000 Fine Nib - Jacques Herbin Bleu de minuit
Leonardo Officine Momento Grand 1.5mm Stub - Aurora Black
Scribo 'Feel the Flex' EF Nib - Jacques Herbin Bleu de minuit
Sailor 1911L Zoom Nib - Aurora Black
Pilot Metropolitan 1.0mm Nib - Aurora Black

Last edited:

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
After I got my 2 pack I noticed the price jumped. The 2 pack for the hard cover book version is very cheap. I like the crisp way the pages tear out of the wire bound model.

It all depends on what you are looking for. I have used many of the above referenced notebooks and they are fine. For flexibility, I have migrated to the Staples Arc system. The paper is a joy to write on and as it is a disc system, you can organize the pages however you like. You can also write on the paper on your desk, then put it in the binder when you are done. These are not 3 ring binders, but have several disks that make up the spine. The system is relatively affordable and, as I noted, the paper is first rate for fountain pen use.

Black and Reds are the notebooks I take my Ct notes with using all manner of pens/inks with a definite bias to Lamy Al-Stars and Parker 45 Flighters.

My Journal of To do Lists is a LEUCHTTURM1917 with the same pen mix adding in the occasional Shaeffer and Conklin as well as the Pentel Energel Line.

At 20ish in hand, the L1917s have a nice mix of features/internal organization/lines etc that hits all the marks for me.
At 250ish numbered pages, I can do regular to do lists, take notes, sketch etc. for an entire year. They are kind of like the Ford F150/Toyota Camry/Glock 17 9mm of journals-they just work reasonably well and far exceed the intersection of quality and value. .

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Black and Reds are the notebooks I take my Ct notes with using all manner of pens/inks with a definite bias to Lamy Al-Stars and Parker 45 Flighters.

My Journal of To do Lists is a LEUCHTTURM1917 with the same pen mix adding in the occasional Shaeffer and Conklin as well as the Pentel Energel Line.

At 20ish in hand, the L1917s have a nice mix of features/internal organization/lines etc that hits all the marks for me.
At 250ish numbered pages, I can do regular to do lists, take notes, sketch etc. for an entire year. They are kind of like the Ford F150/Toyota Camry/Glock 17 9mm of journals-they just work reasonably well and far exceed the intersection of quality and value. .
I love those Black n' Red books. I bought one in A4 size and then ordered three more after using the first one for a few days. I also really like Rhodia staple bound A4 pads.

Top Bottom