What's new

What are some "can't miss" items when placing an order from Europe to the U.S.?

With the September GRUME almost over, I've got a few things I'm going to order from one or more of the European vendors. Given the cost of shipping, I figure it makes sense to "pad the package" while I'm doing so.

So, from Your Shaving, Connaught, and The English Shaving Co. (or other vendors you'd recommend), what are some "can't miss" items that I should consider adding to the order?

I'm thinking, by way of example, of the Omega Jade brush that is a Connaught exclusive. Or the Zenith aluminum-handled boar from Your Shaving.

Looking forward to your suggestions!

You might consider a Plisson, Thater or Shavemac brush also.

In addition, how about some soaps? Depending on budget MdC (high-end), La Toja, Haslinger, etc.

Enjoy!! :a29:

"Can't miss"? Well, I don't know. At the higher end, I agree that some Martin de Candre is a great idea. Maybe PannaCrema Nuavia Blu? I see that English Shaving has the highly regarded Edwin Jagger synthetic silver tip brush. On more of a padding or cheaper item, maybe try to find a stick of Palmolive shave soap?

There are also other vendors you might want to check ,
like soulobjects.de and rasoirgoodfellas.com

Items that you should not miss
are top synthetic brushes like Edwin Jagger Silvertip Fibre or Omega EVO.

Regarding soaps there are some
of the best and most luxurious ones, like Saponificio Varesino ,
Officina Artigiana Milano,Boellis ,Aqua di Parma & Martin de Candre .

With the September GRUME almost over, I've got a few things I'm going to order from one or more of the European vendors. Given the cost of shipping, I figure it makes sense to "pad the package" while I'm doing so.

So, from Your Shaving, Connaught, and The English Shaving Co. (or other vendors you'd recommend), what are some "can't miss" items that I should consider adding to the order?

I'm thinking, by way of example, of the Omega Jade brush that is a Connaught exclusive. Or the Zenith aluminum-handled boar from Your Shaving.

Looking forward to your suggestions!
From Connaught I would recommend giving Vitos Super Extra Coco a try. My fav. They also have an excellent variety of soap samples available. If you’re into Fatips I bought two from them. I have a Zenith horse and a boar. My horse has the large aluminum handle very comfortable. Good quality brushes.

Yourshaving for a selection of the zenith brushes for sure. You can 3 for the price of 1 here in the states. Also, SV soaps are pretty well priced from this site as well. MDC was a good price from them when I was in the market, not sure if you’re interested, but I would choose the SV over MDC myself.

Also, right around the $115 mark you’ll discover you get free international shipping.

Their shipping prices have skyrocketed recently. I used to buy stuff in bulk to get the free shipping, so was worth it. Not any longer. If you put enough items in your cart you'll be paying in the $30 range just for shipping.

Fantastic replies, gents--thanks very much! The increase in shipping is eye-popping @BudgetShaverGuy and I'm hoping there's still a level with free shipping as noted by @Rustyshackelford.

I'll definitely be picking up some Zeniths, MdC, Saponificio Varesino, and a stick of Tabac. From there, I'll see how it's looking.

Lots of great ideas, whether for this order or another and I appreciate all of the suggestions!

If they’ll let you have postshave products ship, look for some Floid or Myrsol or La Toja.
Unfortunately, looks like any splash type product with alcohol is a no-go. Too bad, because the prices on those are unbelievably cheap compared to what they go for in the States. I'll definitely check some of the other products, though.

Fantastic replies, gents--thanks very much! The increase in shipping is eye-popping @BudgetShaverGuy and I'm hoping there's still a level with free shipping as noted by @Rustyshackelford.

I'll definitely be picking up some Zeniths, MdC, Saponificio Varesino, and a stick of Tabac. From there, I'll see how it's looking.

Lots of great ideas, whether for this order or another and I appreciate all of the suggestions!
Someone else mentioned LaToja as well and they were correct in doing so. It’s an excellent performing soap stick.

If you're into SRs, then by all means Koraat, along with the best hard soap Saponificio Varesino, which you can actually buy on the Korrat website - the best razor deserves the very best soap :straight:

Top Bottom