What's new

What annoys you?

OK, this should generate quite a long thread. Here is the rule: only one thing per post (but you can post as often as you like).

I'll start:
You're at the grocery store waiting on line to check out. As you near your chance to get your stuff on the conveyor, your significant other says "Oh! I forgot something! I'll grab it and be right back....", leaving you to get madder and madder as your items get rung up while they are running around the store.

Since we started with grocery stores, I'll toss in people who get in the Express Check out with 1 or 2 extra items. And they know they have too many because they count them, then get in the line anyway.

Randy

rtaylor61 said:
Since we started with grocery stores, I'll toss in people who get in the Express Check out with 1 or 2 extra items. And they know they have too many because they count them, then get in the line anyway.

Randy

Randy, That irks me more than I know how to describe. Also with the grocery store theme is the old lady (it is ALWAYS an old lady) who will fight over the price of noodles or a can of soup in the express line because she thinks that the price is off by 2 or 3 cents. If she is standing there fighting over 3 cents the line has stopped being an express line! Please, somebody give the old lady a quarter and tell her to go home.

Keeping in the grocery store thought, I have to buy the less expesive meat while some lady gets a few Filet Mignons and pays for it with food stamps, only to push her cart to her Mercedes or other "way too expensive" car. I'm not hitting people really in need, because it appears some on food stamps are taking advantage of the system and really AREN'T needy.

So you're at the movies.....yeah I know that I should know better.....and the person behind you is eating something out of the noisy, crackling bag......non-stop.:behead:

I'll return shortly with more movie news.

In any kind of a store - I am made furious by people who "pretend" not to see you so they can justify cutting you off to get where they are going.

There is one universal ill, one sign of the continuing madness of everyday life and the devolution of the human race as a whole:
PEOPLE WHO DO NOT SAY THANKYOU WHEN YOU HOLD THE DOOR OPEN FOR THEM
:mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5:

AJS said:
There is one universal ill, one sign of the continuing madness of everyday life and the devolution of the human race as a whole:
Ha! I agree. In a similar vein, I always pack the groceries while they are being rung up instead of waiting for the person working there to do it. I keep a running tally of when people say "thanks for bagging". I once went 18 weeks of weekly shopping without hearing it.

AJS said:

You know, I don't mind that people don't say "thank you" when I hold a door for them... I actually enjoy the bewildered look on their faces enough that no "thank you" is necessary. Though, it is a sad commentary on society in general when something as simple and polite as holding a door could cause such confusion.

Scotto said:
Ha! I agree. In a similar vein, I always pack the groceries while they are being rung up instead of waiting for the person working there to do it. I keep a running tally of when people say "thanks for bagging". I once went 18 weeks of weekly shopping without hearing it.

That bring's me neatly onto another one of my pet hates (honestly, I could keep this thread going single handedly for years.)
When you are at the checkout in the supermarket, and the person in front of you, instead of packing their groceries, just stand's their looking gormless; then when it is your turn to go through the checkout they've only just started to pack their shopping; holding you up and consequently, everyone else behind you.
Inconsiderate morons!

NMMB said:
You know, I don't mind that people don't say "thank you" when I hold a door for them... I actually enjoy the bewildered look on their faces enough that no "thank you" is necessary. Though, it is a sad commentary on society in general when something as simple and polite as holding a door could cause such confusion.

Then you sir, are a saint.

Hence forth known as " The Belly Guy "

here is my collegeau oh what a character !

- why do you need to shower ?
- why spend money on cologne or deoderants when you can skip it ?
- Why would I need to shave if I can get away with it ?
- Why is drinking 2 liters cola per day good for me !
- It is nice to be the equal of a SKUNK ...

Well well before you would criticize me , this guy is the limit he will pass you by and off comes this CLOUD of ODOR ..with it. specially now its summer !

Annoying ? oh well.. I can barely hold my puke.. worst of all he meets our customers of the company stinking like that aswell.

His not shaving oh well I can live with that ( he skips but him not bumping in the shower often enough I dont even wanna know !

on top of that the last BBQ of the company we had he ate like a pig my other poor collegeau who was BBQing for everyone was able to just find one tiny piece of steak left .. he didnt foresee in " The Belly Guy "

Im pretty sure he wont find this forum..why should he the word Cologne,shower,Gentleman, shaving are not on his list.

Here is a picture they made during the BBQ he was just getting started notice the shirt !

My collegeau wrote some dutch text above his head its so funny I couldnt stop laughing for minutes... I wont translate its bad enough he is around me.

Oh did I forget something why he is the Ultimate King of annoyenssence
he will have his finger up his nose every 4 minutes to find something special in there and when he finds it he will hide it or under the chair , or most of the time under the table you should see the battle field of blood and crust he created under the table where he used to sit. ( next to me !!!! thank the lord he moved to engineering )

oh then the other day when he was clipping of his nails and bit and pieces shot into my other colleageau's eye almost. and why do we all not say anything about this...perhaps we cant believe such an annoyenssence is for real perhaps we are dreaming !!!!!!:mad: :mad:

The clerk at BlockBuster who asks me--every time I'm there!!!--if I've heard about their "Rewards" program. I always smile, say "No," and s/he proceeds to recite the entire canned spiel, which basically tries to make you feel like a moron if you don't take advantage of this tremendous offer.

Uuuuuurrrrggghhhh.

Kyle said:
...obese people wearing lycra.

While not directly related, your comment reminded me of a special time of year that we* like to call "white** mushroom cap" season. That is late spring when the weather is getting warm and the ladies start wearing their short summer tops and the belly-rolls just fall out over the top of their pants/skirts like some sort of weird fungus. I don't think this is annoying, it is more sad...

* myself and one of my @$$h0le friends, that is.
** Use of "white" may be reflective of having coined the term while attending a university populated primarily by white kids.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Scotto said:
I'll start:
You're at the grocery store waiting on line to check out. As you near your chance to get your stuff on the conveyor, your significant other says "Oh! I forgot something! I'll grab it and be right back....", leaving you to get madder and madder as your items get rung up while they are running around the store.

I love watching my significant other run around the store- what a turnon! Sometimes I even ditch one of her items before we hit the checkout so she has to run back and get another. As an added benefit, I get to give her that "tsk, tsk, you owe me one for this" look.:001_rolle
Boy, I've learned a lot about husbanding over the years.:lol:

AACJ said:
People driving faster or slower than me.

Loooool this is a good one.

uhh.. people faster then you would be the ones in front of you.. and people behind you would be the ones slower then you...so where does that leave the rest ? we should be in your car perhaps ?

sorry I just couldnt resist.. but I know what you mean ! I too like to be the only one on the roads ! :lol: :lol: :wink:

ouch said:
I love watching my significant other run around the store- what a turnon! Sometimes I even ditch one of her items before we hit the checkout so she has to run back and get another. As an added benefit, I get to give her that "tsk, tsk, you owe me one for this" look.:001_rolle
Boy, I've learned a lot about husbanding over the years.:lol:

I bow to your superior knowledge...

Top Bottom