What's new

What annoys you?

Exercising that amount of self controll would be very dificult for me. Yelling and screaming at me would have gotton my Irish up but grabbing me by the hair? I would have gone from red to pasty white. It's called "going berserk".

I guess you could classify me as the "small, quiet type..."

...man, I hope I don't end up in a bell tower some day. :a47: :rolleyes:

I can't help but bringing politics into this, but I'll keep it neutral. What annoys me is what passes for political discussion and issues. It's mostly been reduced to slogans and posturing. Instead of honest dialogs about what actually matters and what choices we face, we're presented with a choice between 'cut and run' or 'return on success' from the right and 'General Betrayus' from the left. It's all just vapid blather now and the news media goes right along with it.

I can't help but bringing politics into this, but I'll keep it neutral. What annoys me is what passes for political discussion and issues. It's mostly been reduced to slogans and posturing. Instead of honest dialogs about what actually matters and what choices we face, we're presented with a choice between 'cut and run' or 'return on success' from the right and 'General Betrayus' from the left. It's all just vapid blather now and the news media goes right along with it.

It's hard to disagree with you. I blame the media more than the actual politicians.

Voters annoy me, as they allow the politicians and the media to get away with it. Perhaps we need a meritocracy instead to get away from the lowest common denominator approach that our democracies have degenerated to; perhaps you can fool most of the people most of the time.

How about when a two lane road merges into one lane and some jerk waits to the last minute to cut in screwing everyone that waited.

People who insist on childproofing their house instead of houseproofing their child. Then they try to insist I do the same, for the sake of their children (I don't have any). If they would just teach little Johny not to stick things in the outlet or play with kitchen knives etc. There wouldn't be a problem.

Keeping in the grocery store thought, I have to buy the less expesive meat while some lady gets a few Filet Mignons and pays for it with food stamps, only to push her cart to her Mercedes or other "way too expensive" car. I'm not hitting people really in need, because it appears some on food stamps are taking advantage of the system and really AREN'T needy.

Ok, I have a grocery store story. This high school age chickie was checking me out.. (my food, not me), I only had a couple things, but one of them was a head of iceburg lettuce. After she rung it up she said "you know, iceburg lettuce has no nutritional value".. I said.. "fine, I won't buy it, in fact, I'm not buying anything from you" - then I went over to her manager and told him that one of his clerks was trying to persude me from buying an item, so I said that I didn't wish to be lectured about my purchases, and that I wouldn't be coming back. Hehe. Sometimes I wish I could have heard that conversation that followed.. but I left.

-Mason

In general, I just can't stand people who pay by check at all. The way I see it, the only reason to pay by check (short of huge checks for the down payment on a home and the like) is if you don't currently have the money- they're out of cash and have no credit. Whenever I see someone writing a check I say "That's gonna bounce."

that's a pretty short-sighted view of people you have there..

because someone has no credit card their check's going to bounce? here's a hint, sometimes people don't like to use credit cards..

if anything, people who write checks probably have their financial house in order.. the ones in trouble are the ones using mr. credit for everything. not everyone wants to carry around cash either, especially women.

-Mason

People who are so busy and so wrapped up in their own life that nothing else matters but what they are doing. They cut you off, they run red lights (these people are usually in foreign luxury cars), they get attitude if you "get in their way" in the store.. These people need to slow the *** down.

Personally, I *love* taking my time just to **** these people off. It's fun watching their blood pressure go up.

Really, stop and smell the roses or something..

-Mason

The only habit she has that annoys me is after she uses the salad dressing, she simply sets the cap on the bottle, so if you habitually shake the bottle before pouring you will have a mess on your hands.

Oh that's funny, I just asked my wife tonight to not just "set" the cap on the dressing. Too Funny.

Michael, there are two sides to this argument: I see far too many cyclists who don't seem to think that they are subject to the rules of the road - or perhaps they're just ignorant of said rules.

I see that as well, but then again, I see many drivers who don't seem to think that stop signs mean very much. I do agree that many cyclists ignore the rules of the road, but I am not one of them. This argument doesn't have much sway with me.

As for the yelling, I always do assume that I am invisible. I yell to be seen and noticed. The louder I am, the more drivers will see me. Unlike a motorcycle, I don't have the option of removing my muffler and being loud. When I am going with the speed of traffic, I stay in the center of the lane I am biking in, because that is the law. I get yelled at and honked at by drivers behind me when I am constantly staying 40' from the car in front of me. I mean, where are the drivers behind me going to go (besides cutting me off which they often do).

When a cyclist gets into an accident with a car, the cyclist loses.

Oh, and another thing that annoys me, 16 job interviews in two weeks :frown:

Top Bottom