What's new

What annoys you?

My wife likes to leave her shoes in front of the toilet bowl at night, so that when I get up in the wee hours of the morning to have a wee I trip on them. That really pisses me off!

Getting those stupid chain letters emailed to me. I know the person on the other end usually means well but after seeing all of them (or variations) 1.5 million times it gets old. It got to the point where I had to tell certain people that my email address changed because they wouldn't stop sending them to me.

Cars annoy me. My wife and I just got a letter from the bank. "Dear Mr. and Mrs, you have paid off your loan and the lien on said vehicle has been removed." Nice! Well...the car's now 10 years old and has a host of problems...now we get to do it all over again. :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Are you sure you weren't using a bidet?

I've never seen one at the Mall of America where this happened most recently. And I've never confused a bidet with a commode before. This is also becoming a problem at some airports that use the double gigantic tissue roll dispenser. Sometimes the reach is quite a stretch, just enough to trip the flush sensor.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
You just hit on another of the things that really annoy me: People talking/texting/etc while driving. People that barely have enough skill to operate a motor vehicle under the best circumstances then distracted with trying to think and talk on the phone at the same time. You know, morons.

/apologies to Mel Brooks for hijacking that last line from Blazing Saddles.

They really seem to be attracted to traffic circles. I used to think most people didn't know how to properly use traffic circles until I started getting my gas at a station right next to one. I have come to the conclusion that it is only about 10% of the driving populace that backs things up. You know, the ones who stop like it is a four way stop and can't understand why everyone else is not stopping to let them go, also known as, "You know, morons".

Getting those stupid chain letters emailed to me. I know the person on the other end usually means well but after seeing all of them (or variations) 1.5 million times it gets old. It got to the point where I had to tell certain people that my email address changed because they wouldn't stop sending them to me.

I found that people stopped sending them to me when I took their email address and signed them up for a ton of email newsletters. My favorite one years ago was to sign them up for the "gay quaker news"...

OldSaw

The wife's investment
My wife. She won't put things back the way she found them. She will unscrew the sprinkler from the hose to wash her car or something, and doesn't put it back on when she is done. She will take a screwdriver, pliers, whatever, from the tool box and not return it there. I spend half my life looking for the sprinkler or my pliers. I found a screwdriver stuck in the ground, all rusted. She had taken it from the toolbox to dig in her garden! She has gained weight. Her laugh sounds like the cackling of a demented hen. Lately I find myself watching old Hitchcock movies and mentally cheering for the husband...

Please forgive me and allow me to brag just a little. I believe I have the best wife in the world. The only habit she has that annoys me is after she uses the salad dressing, she simply sets the cap on the bottle, so if you habitually shake the bottle before pouring you will have a mess on your hands. However, knowing this, I have developed the habit of checking first and she tries to remember to screw it down.

Now I just snicker when it happens, because in order for me to have the best wife in the world, I have to believe it. She doesn't have to be perfect or the most petite or dye her hair, she just has to love me as much as I love her and I think she out performs me in that area. :001_smile

Bartenders who can't make a decent Manhattan or who don't know what the word 'neat' means.

When it is raining and the dog needs to go out to potty.

Ok, this one most people won't relate to but here it goes. I live out in the country on a gravel road and every summer usualy in late July or August the county will oil the roads for a distance of about 40 or 50 yards on either side of everyones drive way, ostensibly to cut down on dust.:001_rolle Dust I don't mind but I don't like getting oil all over my vehicles. Realy I think it is just a cheap way to get rid of waste oi.l:mad3:

I think it would be a shorter post if I was to list what does NOT annoy me rather then what does .

My dogs

My wife (some times)

shaving

going out for drinks every now and then

BBQ

Nick

When traffic is being forced into one lane because of construction and some jackass goes around all of the other people who were smart enough to get over.

You're supposed to use both lanes until the point of merging. What's the sense in leaving one perfectly good lane empty?

I have a theory. I believe that the people that don't signal a lane change are the same people that don't flush toilets. My theory is that they are incapable of moving any sort of lever( toilet flushing handle=turn signal lever).

I could be wrong.

Reminds me. I hate when I'm washing my hands in the public restroom, and I notice the next guy leaving his urinal and going right out the door without washing.

Ok, I'm sorry if any of you play the lottery, but...

When I'm in a convenience store, I'm there for the convenience. If I had time to spare I'd be at a fully stocked grocery store. So I'm in a hurry and I'm standing behind someone who is playing the lottery, wins $2, uses it to buy more - at this point I begin praying for the person because if I didn't, I'd blow up.

If it was once in a while I'd understand it better, but I'd say it happens 2 out of 3 times. Can't they make Lotto vending machines????

I used to play instant tickets for hours on end, but I'd always step aside when someone else was there. And they do have Lotto vending machines (at least in PA). I'm sure someone else has said this, but I didn't finish this thread yet. :biggrin:

People who try to pass off a fake bill to me by insisting that they "just got it from the bank less than five minutes ago," but magically cannot remember the name of the bank when I call their bluff.

Hmmmm. I often wonder if any fake bills have passed through me. To my knowledge, I've never seen one. Might I ask what you do that you come across so many? If you don't want to say, that's fine.

Back to the grocery store...

People, specifically women (sorry girls, you know it's true) who stand in line while their crap is being rung up and then after the total comes up, pull out a War & Peace book of Coupons and start fishing through them saying "Now I know I had a coupon for 75 cents off that Snuggle. It's somewhere in here, hang on just a sec."

I see women dig in their purses for their check books after the total comes up. They don't know they'll be paying with a check beforehand? They don't know the store they're shopping at to write it on the "Pay to the Order of" line while everything's being rung up? Or the date? By the time the total comes up, the check should only need the dollar amount filled in and written on the line. People worried about signing a check without a total on it could wait to sign it, I guess... if they have a fast signature! :mad:

Top Bottom