What's new

What annoys you?

I waded thru all the beefs you guys have, and thought they're all great. My gripe is: what the hell are car manufacturer's doing to its consumers these days making those so-called bumpers? It's nothing but a hunk of plastic with paint on it that scratch, scuff, scrape, and ding so easily. I just purchased a BumperPad (.com) that somehow straps/velcro onto the bumpers for protection. (Don't have it yet) Cars cost way too much to have to deal with this. To me this is a travesty and a conspiracy. ALSO, who's bright idea was it to put rear speakers on rear doors where you can't hear them blend in with the front speakers because the front seats are blocking them? Can someone tell me just what the F**K is the point of this?

Men that leave the seat up..... :badger:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:a49: :a49: :a49: :a49:

Women that leave the seat down...

Actually, long ago I determined the best course of action was to always lower both the seat AND the lid. Keeps down the bacteria count in the bathroom air, keeps pets out, and it requires her to do as much work as it does me.

Bike drivers who think they own the road. Seems like the fancier the bicycle clothing, the more road they think they own.

I had a bicyclist tell me one time that he was allowed to use three feet of the road and he made darn sure he did all the time. His unsafe faulty logic completely defies the rules of common sense. Just because I am entitled to use the entire lane with my car, doesn't mean I drive with the left wheels on the yellow line all the time just to make sure I get maximum usage of the lane. Putting his wheels on the 3 foot mark, with his imaginary tape measure, actually puts the entire left side of his body and bike in the automobile lane. To make his bullheaded habit even more stupid is that common sense dictates that we make adjustments to allow for things like merging traffic, pedestrians, animals and idiots on bikes who think they own the road and don't have to use common sense.

Right or wrong makes no difference when you are under a 5000 pound vehicle getting ready to meet your maker.

Actually depending on the state you're in and the situation bicycles have up to the entire lane. I can't speak to what your friend does. We have *ssholes that ride bikes too, probably in a similar proportion to those that drive autos.

And depending on the situation having your 5000 lb auto on top of a dead cyclist can still be vehicular homicide. Like being on record someplace being anti-bicycle, LOL.

Those used to actually be quite common years ago.

But as long as we're talking toilets... I hate the ones that have the automatic flush sensor and the toilet paper just out of reach, so when you lean over to grab some tissue it power flushes. :mad:

I never had that experienc. Sounds exhilarating!

LOL

==Tom

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Actually depending on the state you're in and the situation bicycles have up to the entire lane. I can't speak to what your friend does. We have *ssholes that ride bikes too, probably in a similar proportion to those that drive autos.

And depending on the situation having your 5000 lb auto on top of a dead cyclist can still be vehicular homicide. Like being on record someplace being anti-bicycle, LOL.

Good thing I got rid of the 5000 pound car. I'm driving a much lighter one now. :biggrin:

I see the kids at the middle school play the same games as pedestrians, purposely holding up traffic. All it takes is one, (or many) cell phone talking driver to not pay attention and they may not get a second chance.

The police officer across the road who has violated every city by-law since he's moved in. Hint you can't put out your smelly garbage 3 days before pick up. I'm happy knowing my tax money allows you to walk your dogs while your in uniform and packing heat.

Good thing I got rid of the 5000 pound car. I'm driving a much lighter one now. :biggrin:

I see the kids at the middle school play the same games as pedestrians, purposely holding up traffic. All it takes is one, (or many) cell phone talking driver to not pay attention and they may not get a second chance.

You just hit on another of the things that really annoy me: People talking/texting/etc while driving. People that barely have enough skill to operate a motor vehicle under the best circumstances then distracted with trying to think and talk on the phone at the same time. You know, morons.

/apologies to Mel Brooks for hijacking that last line from Blazing Saddles.

Toilet lid that has one of those fuzzy rugs on it, and if you try to pee with the seat raised, the lid causes it to fall - "savage bijoona" Playboy ca. 1973. You have to pee with one hand holding the seat up or realize that it is really "savage".

I get tired of people telling me motorcycles are dangerous... Take today for instance, at least 6 different people took the time out of their day today to remind me I take my life in my hands everytime I get on my scoot.. or get this, one even commented "What's a father with young children doing riding a motorcycle?"...

Look, I appreciate your concern... but mind your own business already!!

Lets see:
I like to play with matches..
When not working, I carry a loaded pistol..
I like to smoke a pipe now and again..
I eat bacon AND Fried Chicken.. sometimes in the same meal..
I work a high-stress job..
I have been known to run with scissors..
Hell, I shave with a 1954 model double edge razor!!

Add all those up and I'm already living on borrowed time anyway, so riding a motorcycle (with full gear, and hi-viz yellow at that) is probably the least of my worries .. LOL

I get tired of people telling me motorcycles are dangerous... Take today for instance, at least 6 different people took the time out of their day today to remind me I take my life in my hands everytime I get on my scoot.. or get this, one even commented "What's a father with young children doing riding a motorcycle?"...

Look, I appreciate your concern... but mind your own business already!!

Lets see:
I like to play with matches..
When not working, I carry a loaded pistol..
I like to smoke a pipe now and again..
I eat bacon AND Fried Chicken.. sometimes in the same meal..
I work a high-stress job..
I have been known to run with scissors..
Hell, I shave with a 1954 model double edge razor!!

Add all those up and I'm already living on borrowed time anyway, so riding a motorcycle (with full gear, and hi-viz yellow at that) is probably the least of my worries .. LOL

I must say that's a heck of a first post!

My wife. She won't put things back the way she found them. She will unscrew the sprinkler from the hose to wash her car or something, and doesn't put it back on when she is done. She will take a screwdriver, pliers, whatever, from the tool box and not return it there. I spend half my life looking for the sprinkler or my pliers. I found a screwdriver stuck in the ground, all rusted. She had taken it from the toolbox to dig in her garden! She has gained weight. Her laugh sounds like the cackling of a demented hen. Lately I find myself watching old Hitchcock movies and mentally cheering for the husband...

Today, the rains from the typhoon continued to pour down and all afternoon it was ridiculously hot ans sticky. Everyone is sweating. But, does the bus driver have on the air conditioner? Of course not. Tonight I get on the bus to come home and it's still pouring rain, and by this time it quite chilly. I get on the bus, and the air conditioner is on full blast.

But, the reason this annoyed me so much is that I went to the library and in order to get a private study room I have to give them my student id. I come back two hours later, there's a new worker, and my student id is gone. I'm sure none of the Koreans who were using the other study rooms lost their id. But, mine mystically disappears.

*End Rant*

So, in two words: irrationality and illogical-ness (if that's a word.)

Roman414 are you sure you're not married to my wife? To really annoy me she will deny that she has used/touched the sprinkler, screwdriver, etc; that really puts me into orbit.

Top Bottom