What's new

What annoys you?

This time it is from an employee. I work at a grocery store. Primarily in the freezer section. It drives me crazy when people pick up an item from somewhere else in the store and then deposit it in the freezer after they've decided not to purchase it.

SSLStudio said:
Loooool this is a good one.

uhh.. people faster then you would be the ones in front of you.. and people behind you would be the ones slower then you...so where does that leave the rest ? we should be in your car perhaps ?

sorry I just couldnt resist.. but I know what you mean ! I too like to be the only one on the roads ! :lol: :lol: :wink:

No apology necessary!! You see, I'm always moving out of the fast lane to make room for the speedsters, and can't get back over to the fast lane when I come upon a slow poke and need to pass them.

If everyone went the same speed as me, it would be great.

AACJ said:
People changing lanes without using their signal.

To make this more annoying try watching COPS do this. It pains me to watch a COP change lanes or make a turn anywhere without using their signal. Come on, they KNOW the laws. Or when the cops use their lights to get through an intersection (red light) and then turn them off again!

Jim Thompson said:
This time it is from an employee. I work at a grocery store. Primarily in the freezer section. It drives me crazy when people pick up an item from somewhere else in the store and then deposit it in the freezer after they've decided not to purchase it.

AMEN ! that gets me freaky when im shopping and bump into those things ?

When I simply do not like anything anymore I will return it to the same spot where I got it. whats up with these people anyways !

Never heard of changing your mind and get something else ?

Great thread..........

People who are so impatient that they use a right hand turning lane to go around someone who is waiting to make a left hand turn at an intersection.

rschul2 said:
People who are so impatient that they use a right hand turning lane to go around someone who is waiting to make a left hand turn at an intersection.

Worse than this are the people who will get in the right turn lane when the light is red to try to cut around the people in the no-turn lane. Not only are they cutting in line, so to speak, they are blocking the people who want to make a right turn and are often creating serious hazards by speeding through the intersection when the light turns green so that they can get ahead of 3 or 4 cars. I live for the day when I get to watch one of these hurried and self-important people crash and break their legs.

Without asking me first, it really irritates me when people pet my dog or tell their kids to 'Go pet the nice doggie', when he is clearly working. Only a blind person wouldn't see his harness and bright red cape that says "Please don't pet me, I'm working".

When I have said to a petter, 'please don't pet my dog, he's working', they pet him anyway and say indignantly, 'but I love dogs'. Sometimes they, (usually young men), walk away and later return walking faster and as they pass by reach over and really give him a good hard pat on the rump or ruff his fur in an 'I'll show her attitude'.

Really rude and very frustrating to me, Sue

When traffic is being forced into one lane because of construction and some jackass goes around all of the other people who were smart enough to get over.

Sue said:
Without asking me first, it really irritates me when people pet my dog or tell their kids to 'Go pet the nice doggie', when he is clearly working. Only a blind person wouldn't see his harness and bright red cape that says "Please don't pet me, I'm working".

When I have said to a petter, 'please don't pet my dog, he's working', they pet him anyway and say indignantly, 'but I love dogs'. Sometimes they, (usually young men), walk away and later return walking faster and as they pass by reach over and really give him a good hard pat on the rump or ruff his fur in an 'I'll show her attitude'.

Really rude and very frustrating to me, Sue
Sue, good point, and I'll make it double for those who touch my kids. Nothing more revolting than some stranger stroking my 5 month old's face or skin to say "how cute". I would like to chop their arms off and beat them over the head with it.

Getting called to a house because someone's 10 year old kid is "out of control". This usually means that they refuse to wash the dishes or turn off their x box when told. If you or your property are in danger of being harmed or destroyed, by all means call the cops. However, dont expect us to correct parenting mistakes you made when they were 4 or 5. Step up and be a parent. Sometimes you have to be the "bad guy" and not their best buddy. It will benfit them in the long run.

*when I say "you" I am not pointing at anyone on the forum or in particular.

Hearing a parent tell a young kid, "If you are not good I will have that officer arrest you." as I walk by. All that does is teach kids to fear cops. I had a 3 -4 year old girl that had walked away from home and we found her at a local business. She was terrified and would not talk to anyone wearing a uniform (trust me, we did nothing to scare her in the least). Turned out she was a good 12 blocks away from home and mom was asleep on the couch. If it was not for an off duty fireman and other people around to talk to her I dont know how long it would have take to get her home. Just made me wonder if her mother had ever told her we would arrest her for being bad.

I think you guys will sympathize with this one...

When the new UPS or other delivery person does not leave the package at your door or wherever you instructed him to leave it on the note you left them.

Then to make matters worse you have to play that little game where you collect the sticky notes and then trek out to BFE to the logistics HQ to pick up your stuff.

Warmest regards,
Tito

AACJ said:
People changing lanes without using their signal.

I have a theory. I believe that the people that don't signal a lane change are the same people that don't flush toilets. My theory is that they are incapable of moving any sort of lever( toilet flushing handle=turn signal lever).

I could be wrong.

slcsteve said:
I have a theory. I believe that the people that don't signal a lane change are the same people that don't flush toilets. My theory is that they are incapable of moving any sort of lever( toilet flushing handle=turn signal lever).

What happens at home if they're single? :biggrin:

Ok, I'm sorry if any of you play the lottery, but...

When I'm in a convenience store, I'm there for the convenience. If I had time to spare I'd be at a fully stocked grocery store. So I'm in a hurry and I'm standing behind someone who is playing the lottery, wins $2, uses it to buy more - at this point I begin praying for the person because if I didn't, I'd blow up.

If it was once in a while I'd understand it better, but I'd say it happens 2 out of 3 times. Can't they make Lotto vending machines????

Top Bottom