What's new

What Adjustable Safety Razor Should I Get??

If you like the feel of the DE89 I would exclude the Futur. Between the Progress and Variant I prefer the look, feel and pedigree of the short handle Progress.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

The Parker is a copy of the progress with a more grippy handle nice razor!

I have qshave futul (futur copy) great razor if you have a good one handles can be slippery which is less fun with a heavy razor also the one with the biggest head!

gillette black beauty or a slim are also very nice alternatives a bit more nimble.

it all boils down to do you like a heavy big head razor or not. Want a grippy handle or not And how much abuse it needs to survive.
Dropping any of these can damage them just as any razor they either bent or break.

[QUOTE = "eaglesgift, publicación: 10805225, miembro: 91002"]
No compraría eso después de lo que le hicieron un afeitado Heritage Collection. De hecho, no volveré a comprar nada a Yaqi.
[/ CITAR]

Sin entrar en muchos detalles

Si quiere ofenderse es con Heritage por querer vender esto por OCHENTA DÓLARES, lo que otro comerciante realmente le vende por VEINTE DÓLARES

Es decir, el "amigo estadounidense" quería cobrarle CUATRO VECES MÁS de lo que vale, (y que jamas dijo que lo fabricaba en China)

Traducción: Heritage, te mentí sobre el origen de la fabricación, y te estafé ... ¡no te enojes con Yaqi, piensa un poco!

Entonces, si eres sensato, deberías irritarte con el que quería estafarte, no con el que vendería el mismo artículo al mejor precio ... ¡para la cuarta parte!

No, el producto no es fabricado por Heritage o Yaqi, es de una fábrica independiente, cuando Heritage no quería aceptar el producto fabricado, lo vendieron al primer cliente que podía vender, porque después de Covid, las compañías no en problemas de recolección de fabricación a medida

Pregúntese por qué Heritage se lo vendió por 80 .. y Yaqi por 20 ..

No es que Yaqui perdió nada de Heritage, es que Heritage no quería pagar ... y se lo ofreció a Yaqi ... ¡no seamos simplistas y culpemos al mensajero, como dice un viejo dicho europeo!
proxy.php
Still not seeing on Yaqi AliExpress ??

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

Thanks all. Almost a year has passed since I started this topic.
I currently own a Merkur Progress as well as a Rockwell 6C. Love them both and they are constantly in use.
I am interested in a Fatboy too. Pretty expensive nowadays.

Sent from my CPH1969 using Tapatalk

When I decided at the young age of 58 (two months ago) to go the DE route, I was concerned about the smooth handle of the Progress, that it would slip in my hand. So far, though, it hasn’t been an issue and I honestly can’t find fault with it in any way.

I looked at the Parker Variant, liked the handle and its general design. The handle is nice but at least for me wouldn’t make much of a different as to its usability.

I am thinking about getting a Slim for the historic value (Goldfinger...) and of course lusting after an Ambassador or (and?) a Taiga, but really am happy with the Progress, its build quality, versatility of use and its history-even the white knob. After reading about Merkur’s history and reputation, I consider it a heritage brand (like a Barbour or Burberry coat, or a Pelikan pen).

ABEBC782-BC6D-4CD0-AED0-9C088652CF7E.jpeg

View attachment 1257515
ABEBC782-BC6D-4CD0-AED0-9C088652CF7E.jpeg

Thanks all. Almost a year has passed since I started this topic.
I currently own a Merkur Progress as well as a Rockwell 6C. Love them both and they are constantly in use.
I am interested in a Fatboy too. Pretty expensive nowadays.

Sometimes you can get lucky and find one on Bay for not an absurd price in good working condition. Have to invest time looking and get lucky in the last second.

Sometimes you can get lucky and find one on Bay for not an absurd price in good working condition. Have to invest time looking and get lucky in the last second.
Yeah I'll keep a lookout for one. Cheers.

@Mark1977, luckily I don't have to chose from the 3 razors you mentioned... and neither do you.

That said, I'd get the Rex Ambassador. That is, if I HAD TO chose one.
I'm also flirting with the idea of getting a Homelike Taiga adjustable razor. Heard some really good things about it.

I'm also flirting with the idea of getting a Homelike Taiga adjustable razor. Heard some really good things about it.

Right... well... to each his own. Me, I'd stick to Made in USA, Germany, UK... you get the picture. As always YMMV.

The karve razor with different plates is a good option or the rex ambassador, if you want a "true" adjustable.
I usually only use two settings during a shave, so if you don't mind changing base plate during the shave you have a lot of options.
The Razorock Lupo comes with a dual comb version, which i have been enjoying lately.

I own and love the Gillette Fatboy, the Slim, the Rex Ambassador and the Pearl Flexi. My favorite is the Rex. But, gotta tell you, for the money the Flexi is hard to beat. Shaves beautifully with any blade (so far). It’s a little less efficient than the Rex but also less blade feel. It’s so smooth, even with a Feather in it!

Top Bottom