What's new

What about summer hats - Is Tilley still the best? Which model is the best compromise?

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Father Mulcahy was heterosexual.
1621134720906.png

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I remembered it wrong. It was the dentist, "Painless", who believed himself to be gay due to an episode of impotence and subsequently committed "suicide" by taking what turned out to be a sleeping pill.
Father Mulcahy would absolve you, and say something about how gay or straight, the Sixth Commandment took quite a beating at the 4077th.

If it sits above your ears it sounds good.
You figured out the wind cord???
I couldn't figure out the wind cord.
I took it off. The wind cord is no more.
I keep the wind cord in the hat but do not use it unless it is windy and then use it under the chin. Comes in handy at the beach or on the lake. Once while riding in a boat without the cord fastened I tested its floating ability and was able to retrieve it.

Oh you also figured out the wind cord. Meh!
Not sure if you are being dismissive of the whole idea or not, as I expect you have seen how they recommend tying the wind cord ends together so that the cord is short but can be easily adjusted to grip the back of the head to provide more stability, or under the chin as well. But if one's hat is already tight enough or if one does not like how it feels then of course a cord is not needed. Even with producing a full range of hat sizes, I could imagine someone having a head that is in between sizes in terms of getting a "perfect" fit so a wind cord might be useful for them.

Personally I like to have the hat fitting a bit loose when compared to a baseball cap, so that it is more comfortable to wear on hot days. But I don't like having the cord there until the wind picks up.

Not sure if you are being dismissive of the whole idea or not, as I expect you have seen how they recommend tying the wind cord ends together so that the cord is short but can be easily adjusted to grip the back of the head to provide more stability, or under the chin as well. But if one's hat is already tight enough or if one does not like how it feels then of course a cord is not needed. Even with producing a full range of hat sizes, I could imagine someone having a head that is in between sizes in terms of getting a "perfect" fit so a wind cord might be useful for them.

Personally I like to have the hat fitting a bit loose when compared to a baseball cap, so that it is more comfortable to wear on hot days. But I don't like having the cord there until the wind picks up.

Seriously I couldn't figure it out. :biggrin1:

Top Bottom