What's new

What a night!

My $7 1940(s) super speed arrived today. Excellent condition user. I soaked it in antibacterial soap and hot water for a few hours and then some scrubbing bubbles. Loaded it up with a brand new feather and went to work. Woohoo. What a shave.

Then, my wife gave in. I ordered her a birth year blue lady gillette and then gave her legs a shave with my DE89 and a fresh feather. She was iiiimmmmmpressed. What a good night. I'll look forward to getting her blue lady and she can hone her skills. My birth year slim will be here next week also.

I was impressed with the SS shave, but I do like the weight of the EJ head. Variety is then spice of life, right?

Some of us, me included, think the 1940s SS is one of the very best razors ever. I have essentially five of them, three 1947 types (one of which has a Ranger Tech head I believe), and a 1946 Milord (Ranger Tech with gold plating), and my wife's father's Super Speed razor that she told me about only a few months back. You'll like the shave with these. A classic. Congrats on a good buy.

The rest of the story.......my wife and I went out last nite for dinner and drinks (pre-blue lady purchase and shaves:thumbup1:) I was watching a Pink Lady Gillette that ended up going for a good price that I would have gladly bid on, but I was in the car when it ended. Thought I had enough time to make it home. So, as I was surfing B&B this am, part of my morning ritual, I find a pink Lady Gillette in the B/S/T. Fire off a PM and BAM, the wife now has a pink and blue coming. So, I think I'm good for a while, or at least until I find a 1926 razor for my F-I-L, or WWII kit. Then I'll be done :)

The more razors you have to choose from the more interesting your shaves will become.

I try to shave with a different razor, blade, soap/cream, and brush every day. More fun than a barrel of monkeys AFAIK

Good idea getting SWMBO interested in your new "hobby" :yesnod:

Good job and happy shaving. My wife just started using my shaving equipment. She really gets good results. I recently ordered some equipment for her.

The more razors you have to choose from the more interesting your shaves will become.

I try to shave with a different razor, blade, soap/cream, and brush every day. More fun than a barrel of monkeys AFAIK

Can someone say "enabler"?? :letterk1:

Ben

I received my birth year Slim on Monday, along with my wifes birth year Lady Gillette blue. So, last nights shave, after a good disinfection of the razors, consisted of loading a feather in the Slim and a new Feather in the DE89. I started with the Slim on 5, and got some good feedback, so I dialed back to 4. Got a really nice shave with the combo, and also did a pass with the DE89 and a feather. All in all, a great shave, and I liked the heft and balance of the Slim, and I'm really liking the feather blades. I'll shave out with this one, and then I'm going to try the Asta's I bought to see how they do. My shave cabinet is full, and I still have another razor coming for my wife.

My wife too was converted to DE leg shaving, she loves my R41 (2010) razor.....the problem, that is my go to razor. Wouldnt be an issue, if somebody would return my duplicated R41 razor.......:sneaky2:

Enabler ! :scooter:

Top Bottom