What's new

What a Knife Store

I spent a week in the Smoky Mountains and my brother-in-law suggested a trip to the Smoky Mountain Knifeworks in Sevierville, TN. They claim that they are the largest knife store and after visiting it I can believe that claim. I have never seen so many knives - and helpful employees who know the products sold. In addition to knives, the store has an incredible collection of kitchen gadgets. My wife and sister-in-law joined us and she ended up spending more than I did.

I failed to take photos but here are some from the internet.

proxy.php

proxy.php

In addition to knives and kitchen gadgets, the store has a nice collection of guns and accessories. Worth a visit.

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
On my list of places to see. Also plan to visit the Lodge store. It's going to be an expensive trip!

That’s a glorious store! Just got back from Kentucky and Tennessee (Nashville area) with the wife and barely any knives in sight! Antiqued up a storm and the best I found were Case knives for $65-125 (no thanks, I’ll buy new for way less) or beat up, crummy Asian made knives for a little less.
I was surely hoping for better picking being in that region but I guess it’s a common spot.
There was barely any shaving related gear as well! No souvenirs for me! But SWMBO decorates half our home with finds from this trip.

My wife and I visit KY 2-3 times a year, but my wife tries to keep me away from knife and ammo stores. I've been happy with my Spyderco Delica 4 for a number of years, so I don't push it.

My wife and I visit KY 2-3 times a year, but my wife tries to keep me away from knife and ammo stores. I've been happy with my Spyderco Delica 4 for a number of years, so I don't push it.
The lower flour is filled with great kitchen gadgets. My wife spent more than I did.

The lower flour is filled with great kitchen gadgets. My wife spent more than I did.

Kitchen gadgets would be the the last thing my wife would be interested in looking at. She avoids our kitchen as much as possible, unless I have a fresh pot of coffee made.

Back in about 1991 I found/was given a SMKW catalog. The one thing in it that stuck with me was a Young Indiana Jones Adventures swiss-style knife & belt buckle combo. I was never able to order it then but I found in online on Ebay in the early 2000's & snatched it up right away.

Top Bottom