What's new

What a difference a month makes.

I've only been de shaving for about a month. I'm still not great, I just got a blade sampler I think I need to find the right blade. Anyways when I first started I could nick myself and get several weepers in a two pass shave and have no idea what I did wrong. This morning I could feel myself making mistakes several times and I ended up with a very close and comfortable shave. I had two little weepers but those were on my neck and I did do a three pass shave today. It's amazing what a little time can do. My advice to newbies, find the right angle and then move the blade a little further from your skin (tilt the handle up more), also when people say use no pressure that means no pressure. I feel like the blade is barely touching my skin when I'm doing it right, and occasionally it's not touching my skin but that's better than a bad nick :)

Congrats. Sounds like you have gotten on top of the learning curve and are now set up for great shaves every time.

I've only been de shaving for about a month. I'm still not great, I just got a blade sampler I think I need to find the right blade. Anyways when I first started I could nick myself and get several weepers in a two pass shave and have no idea what I did wrong. This morning I could feel myself making mistakes several times and I ended up with a very close and comfortable shave. I had two little weepers but those were on my neck and I did do a three pass shave today. It's amazing what a little time can do. My advice to newbies, find the right angle and then move the blade a little further from your skin (tilt the handle up more), also when people say use no pressure that means no pressure. I feel like the blade is barely touching my skin when I'm doing it right, and occasionally it's not touching my skin but that's better than a bad nick :)
This is good advise as many of our members agreed to.

I found no pressure difficult when I first started. I initially used a balance point grip but moved to holding just the end of the razor with 3 fingers. This helped me immensely and ended having weepers/nicks each shave. Once I got the feel down I was able to change grips. The angle adjustment you mention was also a critical success factor.

Top Bottom