What's new

What a difference a blade makes!

As a newbie to DE shaving I never knew there were be such a huge difference in blades. My first couple of shaves were with the Merkur blade that came packaged with the razor, which were disappointing and not very close. I decided to change out the blade with a Derby blade and WOW what a difference. I did a WTG pass and XTG pass and my face is the smoothest it's ever been. In fact I did this last night around 8pm and didn't even have to shave this morning. This was on the #2 setting of the Merkur progress (which is the setting used with the Merkur blade) using some cheap canned shaving gel while I wait for my soap and bowl to arrive. Hopefully with the good soap I'll still get the closeness with less skin irritation.

Last edited:
I completely agree! For my first three shaves with my DE, no matter how lightly I grazed my face, I bled at least a little. Today my Derby's came in and I grabbed my razor right away. What a difference! I got the same results you did. Can't wait for my beard to grow back out so I can do it all over again!

True for 100% wait when you'll discover the differences between shaving soaps/creams something I have experienced today with Proraso shaving cream.

Top Bottom