What's new

What A Bunch of SchickHeads!!! (Lovers of Schick Razors!)

Woo hoo! I just won an auction for a type F! I will be posting on the SE acquisition thread once it gets here.
5xaOcLEsWZVbgoVCqbe.gif

I started out in High School with a Gillette Slim Twist and was in college when the Trac II was introduced. Goit enough free samples to last me a couple of years. Went back & forth with the TE and Trac II and also Grandpa's old straight. Dad gave me one of his old electrics & that was more convenient, but never shaved as close as a blade. Dad always had an old Eversharp in a drawer. He nevr used it and never got rid of it & eventually I found out it belonged to his older bro, who was a Combat Medic who landed at D Day +1. The Eversharp was his razor & followed him all the way from Normandy to Berlin - mostly on foot. He gave it to Grandma & Grandpa gave it to Dad after Grandma passed. I have it now & used it a bunch. Blade selection is meager compared to what I'd see on-line, so I got out the old Slim Twist & began using it with big variety of blades. I acquired other E's, G's a J and I, along with a few Kronas, then moved into more of the vintage Gillettes.
One of the Kronas is always in my shaving line-up as is one of several of the Injectors. I've got both Personnas & Chicks & it's a toss up - they both shave well and I get more close & smooth shaves with the injectors than I do the DE's.

#Schickhead4lyfe! Used a DE and really didn't like what I was getting, so I heard of these and tried it. Guess what, I LIKED IT!!! I have only a type I2 and have been using it faithfully for about nearly two years now. I'd like to get my hands on a type O and a type E or G. Just got some Personnas and will be trying them out in a day or so.

#Schickhead4lyfe! Used a DE and really didn't like what I was getting, so I heard of these and tried it. Guess what, I LIKED IT!!! I have only a type I2 and have been using it faithfully for about nearly two years now. I'd like to get my hands on a type O and a type E or G. Just got some Personnas and will be trying them out in a day or so.
The Es and Gs are easy to come by. The O is and entirely different tale. Since they weren't produced for the US market I am not all that moved to own one. Your I2 is one of the best of the breed when it gets to the shave.

Last edited:

Depending which I2 you have will help in your search.

The ones that fall under the 2nd variants I like to refer to as beard busters.

Also as an fyi since you had asked about Schick II twin blades on another thread. They won't work correctly in any of the I2 variants. They will work though not as good as a single edge in the Type I non hydro magic lever razors.

Depending which I2 you have will help in your search.

The ones that fall under the 2nd variants I like to refer to as beard busters.

Also as an fyi since you had asked about Schick II twin blades on another thread. They won't work correctly in any of the I2 variants. They will work though not as good as a single edge in the Type I non hydro magic lever razors.
Mine is an I2 that was the variant with the short black handle and longer Hydromagic lever that was the '58 through '61 variant based upon that post.

Mine is an I2 that was the variant with the short black handle and longer Hydromagic lever that was the '58 through '61 variant based upon that post.

You got a beard buster I2. They don't get much better than that for the Schick injectors. The earlier 1st variant ones are on the more mild but efficient as long as you don't have multiple days of growth to shave. Beard buster on the other hand will plow through a weeks or more worth of hair like nothing.

If you can justify spending the money then you'll definitely want a Type D if you see one come up for sale. That one is right up there with beard buster. The Type G is going to be a big drop down in aggressiveness for an injector. The Type E razors depending the variant are quite good but no beard buster.

You got a beard buster I2. They don't get much better than that for the Schick injectors. The earlier 1st variant ones are on the more mild but efficient as long as you don't have multiple days of growth to shave. Beard buster on the other hand will plow through a weeks or more worth of hair like nothing.

If you can justify spending the money then you'll definitely want a Type D if you see one come up for sale. That one is right up there with beard buster. The Type G is going to be a big drop down in aggressiveness for an injector. The Type E razors depending the variant are quite good but no beard buster.
Truth be told I am looking for something LESS aggressive, not more. I had thought on the whole the I's were on the milder side, but after that post it seems that reputation is only to the first variants listed in that post. Chicks in my razor nick me from time to time, though it is usually because I try to go for 3 passes instead of the usual 2 on a blade that has lasted over 10 shaves that has set in humidity after hot showers. Still, I bought personnas to see if their reputation for being less sharp helps in my needs.

Truth be told I am looking for something LESS aggressive, not more. I had thought on the whole the I's were on the milder side, but after that post it seems that reputation is only to the first variants listed in that post. Chicks in my razor nick me from time to time, though it is usually because I try to go for 3 passes instead of the usual 2 on a blade that has lasted over 10 shaves that has set in humidity after hot showers. Still, I bought personnas to see if their reputation for being less sharp helps in my needs.

In that case then a Type G is the way to go. The Type G razors are still cheap and plentiful. If it is too mild then move up to an E specifically the ones called an E3 or if you follow my groupings a 6th variant.

Total Schick Head here. I have loads of DEs and, on a lark, tried a Schick and discovered the "sports car for your face". I have E, G, I, L, and one or two I don't even know what they are. I have three Gs and that's my go-to. I just ordered another early G last night. I have not had success with the new SEs and have decided it's Schick for life.

Did my first shave today with a Schick L1 and I think I'm in love with it already. Complete different experience than from using my DE razors. Looking forward to trying it more.

I have several Schick injector razors and think they're awesome - especially the L1s. Now I realized that I just bought a Schick DE razor and wondered if there's a "for dummies" summary of versions and variants as there are for the injuector Schicks? (I have a hard time finding what I look for at B&B but always find a good samaritan willing to show me the way :) )

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I have several Schick injector razors and think they're awesome - especially the L1s. Now I realized that I just bought a Schick DE razor and wondered if there's a "for dummies" summary of versions and variants as there are for the injuector Schicks? (I have a hard time finding what I look for at B&B but always find a good samaritan willing to show me the way :) )

I've never seen much of anything on the Schick DE - just skimmed Waits' and found nothing under Schick there either. The scant info available seems to focus solely on their injectors

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Hi -- when you say Schick DE, are you referring to the Schick Krona? If yes, there is quite a bit of info on it:

First Gen Schick Krona
Schick Krona
The Underappreciated Schick Krona
Schick Krona Best Shave Ever

Hope that helps.

Top Bottom