What's new

What A Bunch of SchickHeads!!! (Lovers of Schick Razors!)

Sunday shave,Feb 16th 2020- I like to use my Pal Injecto-matic every once in a while, two many injectors and not enough days. The Pal company spent well over 1 million dollars to develop this razor in the 1950's and they did a nice job for a injector IMO.
Pal injecto-matic instructions 2 (2).jpg

Razor : Pal injecto-matic razor- MFG 1952>
Blade: Schick injector
Soap: Barrister and Mann Seville
Brush : Yaqi timberwolf 24 mm synthetic
Pre-shave: Brush wash my face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of clear Aloe vera gel on beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
Post shave: Razorock American barber with witch Hazel + Nivea Men balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation+1 small blemish weeper= :a17:

Sunday shave Feb 16th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!
I bought one of those but when I tried to load it the safety bar dropped down and would not lock back into place with the blade in. I just picked up another and we'll see how that one works out. I also bought a PAL adjustable to add to my pile.
20191227_085904.jpg

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
I have collected and used all of these Schick injectors and one Pal injecto-matic razors.
They consist of E2, E3 Canadian models+ G1 hybrid Canadian model, i2 hydro-magic, J1,J3 Golden 500 hydro-magic, L2 Stick Schick theme, L6 Easy rider Theme & L7 Champion 1976 Olympic theme, M3 or model 3 adjustable- excellent razor.
Great razors and I like to have my Sunday shave with a different model if possible. Injectors should be in every ones collection IMO.
View attachment 1063685
Have some great shaves!
VERY Nice!!! Looks like you're "gonna need a bigger block" -- said like Roy Schneider in Jaws!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I bought one of those but when I tried to load it the safety bar dropped down and would not lock back into place with the blade in. I just picked up another and we'll see how that one works out. I also bought a PAL adjustable to add to my pile.
View attachment 1063694
Some one must of been tinkering prior to you and maybe damaged something possibly, mine works well and was NOS. I think you will enjoy the shave if you do a 3 pass shave, I was doing 2 pass shaves and usually received DFS+ range'
It is a nice razor to hold and shave with IMO.
Have some great shaves!

Ron R

Did it also have an L1 in the lot?
I can't remember to be honest, I have bid on a couple last year 2019. I'm on a bit of sabbatical until Nov 2020 and will restock supplies and razors possibly.
One thing I like about the L series are the themes these guys & gals in marketing, must of had some good dreams making different themes up with go ahead from Management, also it must of been a great time for tooling up those different razor models for production also.
Have some great shaves!

I used an L1 as my only razor for many years so I have a soft spot for them. Now that I have tried most of the Schicks I don't think I could give any of them up.

Ron R

VERY Nice!!! Looks like you're "gonna need a bigger block" -- said like Roy Schneider in Jaws!
Those wooden block razor stands, I have 5 now with different razors from different MFG's. Like the old saying goes"out of sight out of mind" so if they are displayed you will use them is my thought.
Razor storage cabinets (3).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Flintstone65

Those wooden block razor stands, I have 5 now with different razors from different MFG's. Like the old saying goes"out of sight out of mind" so if they are displayed you will use them is my thought.
View attachment 1063734
Have some great shaves!
I like that idea...A LOT!!! Of course if I display my full collection, the LOTH may well call me something worst than "Schickhead" :laugh:. I will be "borrowing" this idea...hopefully in the near future, thanks!

Some one must of been tinkering prior to you and maybe damaged something possibly, mine works well and was NOS. I think you will enjoy the shave if you do a 3 pass shave, I was doing 2 pass shaves and usually received DFS+ range'
It is a nice razor to hold and shave with IMO.
Have some great shaves!
My replacement arrived and it seems to load just fine, so I am in business!
:jump:

Yowser! You guys come Fully Loaded to the Schick party! Wow. I’m starting to think I really need to get to work isolating the numerous Schicks I have yet to try. But you guys are Total Schickheads! Yikes! Are those lists of razors ... or more appropriately ... lyrics to the Alphabet Song!? 😀

But seriously, you guys are rockin this Schick thing. Congrats! you have ny SAD symptoms coming up again. Oh no.... must cruise shops....oh no....need razor counselling again...oh...

Flintstone65 - you’re making me blush with your single edge superhero comment. But... thnx!

And Guitarslinger - enjoy your L - I enjoy that one myself.

I have an E2, a G, a J and a K. They’re all wonderful razors. The E is the most aggressive but I get my best shave from the J. It’s Chicks all the way for me. Pellas shave like a piece of schick

Flintstone65

They are all good. It's too hard for me to pick a favorite!
I know what you mean. I have a complicated formula where I try to determine some kind of relevant ranking. Even when I try to go "quantitative", I find myself putting my "qualitative" thumb on the scale, and in the end it becomes a "too close to call" kind of thing. I think I'll keep them all -- and maybe pick up a few more.....just for good measure! :biggrin1:

I've got an E and two G's, one a G8 plus a J2, two L1's post 1972 and two M's. Just got some twin blades from Japan, took forever to get delivered and in the L1 they are fantastic. Will try soon in one of the M's. I find the Schick a good change from the DE's I usually shave with. Guess variety is the spice of life.

Top Bottom