What's new

What A Bunch of SchickHeads!!! (Lovers of Schick Razors!)

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I use my Schick E more often than not if I'm not using a straight. I do have a Revere handled injector, very mild.

I'm officially a schickhead! Got my razor today, I believe it is a schick L1. Looks brand new. Shaved with a Schick blade, effortless BBS. Was also my first time using Arko which was great too!

Gosh now I have to stock up on blades

I have several Schicks and actually prefer them to my DE's. I also have a bunch of repeaters, and I found the attached set of original vintage instructions on how to load Types "B" (called the "Square" razor!) and "C". I'm including them for general info.

Does anyone know where I can find a Type "A" repeater? [email protected].

Thanx.

Doctorpepe
Louisville, KY $IMG_4241.jpg

Attachments

• $IMG_4240.jpg
    $IMG_4240.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 65
I just won one off the bay to see what all the praise is about. It's an Eversharp and I believe a type G. Are there any resources that list out what the different models are, what they look like?

$$(KGrHqFHJEQFC1Y23KpSBQ0kw-!Msg~~60_57.jpg
eBay pic, I wanted one with the metal crackle finish (don't know why, it just seemed better)

Thanks Tom, I have never seen this site before, looks to be some great background info there. Also, haven't seen a site with HTML frames for years - old school!

I was doing some last minute 2012 shopping on Amazon since I was almost out of injector blades. Found sone Personna 74 that were the same price per blade as a Chick 7 pack.
Arrived today. If it weren't for the fact that I decided to dedicated this week to straights......
A 14 pack of 74s should last me through 2015 at the rate I use em. Looking forward to seeing if they are as good as legends tell.

I got an order of Injector 74's coming as well. I was surprised at their cost. At about a dollar per blade, they should be a much better buy, if they last as long as their reputation suggests. I should hope I can be disciplined enough to use one blade until it's well and truly dead to see how long I can make one last.

It is great to see so many SchickHeads out and about in this thread!!!

My morning shave was just a regular old butterschotch handled 40's Schick. Nirvana!

That would be me and from my teens. I have at least one B,C,D,E,G,I,J,L,M and N in my pile. I am still looking for the types A and F. That work for ya?

20200104_100825.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday shave,Feb 16th 2020- I like to use my Pal Injecto-matic every once in a while, two many injectors and not enough days. The Pal company spent well over 1 million dollars to develop this razor in the 1950's and they did a nice job for a injector IMO.
Pal injecto-matic instructions 2 (2).jpg

Razor : Pal injecto-matic razor- MFG 1952>
Blade: Schick injector
Soap: Barrister and Mann Seville
Brush : Yaqi timberwolf 24 mm synthetic
Pre-shave: Brush wash my face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of clear Aloe vera gel on beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
Post shave: Razorock American barber with witch Hazel + Nivea Men balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation+1 small blemish weeper= :a17:

Sunday shave Feb 16th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Just last night the LOTH called me a Schickhead....at least that's what I think she called me....I WAS shaving with a Schick at the time :laugh:. I'll return here with some pics and missing #'s to go with the letters, but I've got an A, couple of B's, a C1, (no D :frown2:, yet), a few E's, (no F or G :frown2:, yet), an H1, a J, K, and several L's, an M3, an N, but no O :frown2: . There is not a dud in the bunch, and I would be VERY hard pressed to let any of them go.

I have to add, it is REALLY good to see you @RocketMan! You're one of my SE-Super-Heroes. I hope to see more of you around here!!!

Last edited:

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I have collected and used all of these Schick injectors and one Pal injecto-matic razors.
They consist of E2, E3 Canadian models+ G1 hybrid Canadian model, i2 hydro-magic, J1,J3 Golden 500 hydro-magic, L2 Stick Schick theme, L6 Easy rider Theme & L7 Champion 1976 Olympic theme, M3 or model 3 adjustable- excellent razor.
Great razors and I like to have my Sunday shave with a different model if possible. Injectors should be in every ones collection IMO.
Schick Cluster (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Top Bottom