What's new

What A Bunch of SchickHeads!!! (Lovers of Schick Razors!)

Razor: Schick G3 Gold Plated Injector Razor
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Trotter Handcrafts Samish Dusk in Manchurian badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Caswell-Massey Number Six
Aftershave: Proraso Green Splash
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
20221112_080807.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick Shave, November 13th, 2022, experimenting with a DE blade, Subie shaves double stack blade hack.

Razor : Schick injector E2 type, Canadian variant- MFG in the 1930's- 40's, Mid range, light weight 1OZ, well built to last with some care, one of my favorite injectors & a joy to use.
Blade : Personna red DE (4) sharp & smooth with great longevity, experimenting with a double stack blade modified to fit the E2 injector. It can be done with reasonble success if a person is willing to take effort and care needed to not get cut. I use 2 small strips of electric tape & then place the blade on the sticky part + then fold the edges of tape over the cutting edges and trim away. The blade will curve slightly from the scissor cutting and then stack the blades together and place in the injector with care. Not sure it is worth the effort but I do enjoy challenges. This is much better & safer than using 1 half blade because it is to flexiable but with 2 blade half's you are getting very close to the thickness of a injector blade. The shave was close and comfortable and do-able but not sure it is worth the risk of cutting yourself. Take care if attempting!
Soap : Razorock "The Dead Sea", nice unique bright sharp cleanish scent with excellent lather qualities. This soap is very addictive with matching aftershave splash IMO.
Brush : Yaqi "Artic sky" 24mm silvertip badger (3band) excellent lather generator, heavenly pillow like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock"The Dead Sea" with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my Schick E2 injector with a Subie double stack DE blade hack. The Schick E2 with modified swivel works really well with this double stack set up but still needed care because of slight bending of blades to close up.
SOTD November 13 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Razor: Schick M3 (5/3/1; wig/xtg/atg). One of my favorite razors. Love how easy it to change levels between passes. Nearly always a great shave.
Blade: Schick "chick" - 4th shave
Soap: Barrister and Man "cologne russe" - from their sample series. Damn B&M has nailed the new formula. Right up with the absolute top soaps. the CR sent is fantastic - very "cologne" based but also spicy
Brush: Yaqi synth. So soft and easy to use
Aftershave: Clubman
Growth: 3.5 days of stable.

Overral. Fantastic shave. Smooth, comfortable, very close even with just two passes and a bit of ATG clean up. No weepers or irritation and a great post shave feel. The M3 is just a great razor and the gear was all top notch.
IMG_4513.jpeg

Razor: Schick N3 Injector razor
Blade: Schick Plus Platinum injector blade
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 Synthetic
Lather: Mauer & Wirtz Tabac
Aftershave: Maurer & Wirtz Tabac Aftershave Lotion
Additional Care:
20221116_091502.jpg

Razor: Schick L4 Blue Injector Razor
Brush: Simpson Commodore X2 Best Badger
Lather: Shannon's Soaps Barbershop
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
Additional Care:
20221117_075156.jpg

Razor: Schick G4 Schick 66 Injector Razor
Brush: Rudy Vey 2022 B & B Contributor Brush
Aftershave: Avon Wild Country, white rook bottle
Additional Care:
20221119_084634.jpg

Razor: Schick G5 Injector Razor
Brush: The CaYuen Workshop Candy Cane in HD Silvertip Badger
Aftershave: Mennen Skin Bracer
Additional Care:
20221126_085509.jpg

Razor: Schick O Injector Razor
Blade: Schick Plus Platinum injector blade
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 Synthetic
Lather: Mauer & Wirtz Tabac
Aftershave: Maurer & Wirtz Tabac Aftershave Lotion
Additional Care:
20221130_090644.jpg

Ron R

Sunday Schick shave, Dec 4th 2022​

Razor : Schick E injector, Canadian variant- mid range, well built to last, light weight (1OZ), easy to work the face, very enjoyable shave this morning.
Blade : Personna injector SS PTFE(1) Very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable.
Soap : Mitchell's wool fat, nice mild clean scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Cola",22mm Plissoft knot- excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Post shave : Razorock Emperor AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: excellent shave with my Schick E injector with a coated Personna blade.
SOTD Dec 4 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

I think it's about time that I join this club right? Love the nifty little razors and I use mine on a regular base.

PS: how do you edit your B&B group memberships. Is it in your signature only? Can you have multiple lines (because I seem to be getting an error when trying to set up a signature of multiple lines)?

Ron R

I think it's about time that I join this club right? Love the nifty little razors and I use mine on a regular base.

PS: how do you edit your B&B group memberships. Is it in your signature only? Can you have multiple lines (because I seem to be getting an error when trying to set up a signature of multiple lines)?
One of the moderators might be able to help you.

It's the signature. I believe one if the benefits of being a contributor is extra lines in the signature.

I just got my first Schick today. It’s an M31 and other than no dial cap, it looks in great condition. Looking forward to the first shave. On another note, it looks like in order to keep up with you all, I need to have a collection, find an E or G and learn how to take great razor shots.

Have a great night

Razor: Schick L5 Classic by International Silver
Brush: Simpson Commodore X2 Best Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso Green
Lather: Shannon's Soaps Barbershop
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue
Additional Care:
20221208_080034.jpg

Razor: Schick E3
Blade: Schick (17)
Brush: Vintage with Black hair perhaps black badger
Soap: AOS Peppermint
Aftershave: Bootleggers Perfecto type

I really should use my Schick razors more often. Nice worry free DFS with a blade that has a lot of mileage on it.

D71E4711-71A7-45F5-BE42-94D954805BA6.jpeg

Last edited:

Ron R

Sunday Schick shave, December 11th, 2022

Razor : Schick injector adjustable Model 3- Mfg 1970-72, excellent well built adjustable, one of my favorite Schick injector razors.
This razor will also take any Schick made blades from Regular blades to Twin II blades + gives some adjustment to the shave.
Blade : Personna SS PTFE injector (2) very sharp with excellent longevity. I have been experimenting with a blade hack lately.
Soap : Yaqi Musketeer rapier, nice scented soap(Aramis?) with excellent lather qualities. Nice soap, Yaqi commissioned Master Soap creations S.A. to make their soap & fragrance line products .
Brush : Yaqi Moka express 24mm synthetic, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Post shave : Yaqi Musketeer Rapier splash + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my Schick injector adjustable M3 with a coated Personna injector blade.
SOTD Dec 11 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Razor: Schick G6 injector razor
Brush: The CaYuen Workshop Candy Cane in HD Silvertip Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso Green
Lather: La Toja Shaving Stick
Aftershave: Old Spice Classic
Additional Care:
20221210_081335.jpg