What's new

What A Bunch of SchickHeads!!! (Lovers of Schick Razors!)

Razor: Schick E3 Canadian model
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Rudy Vey 2022 B & B Contributor Brush
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Caswell-Massey Number Six
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
20220826_103516.jpg

An unexpected auction won today!
Everyone loves a good deal and I believe I got a great one!

I have a late 60's Schick Krona that I love. Since I bought it, I said that I would look for one that is "New old stock".
Well, I ended up with two of them that are "New old stock", LOL!!
Incredible price at $26 for the pair:

full
Alright Schick lovers, what would you do after receiving those two?
I have a late 60's Krona in excellent condition that's part of my rotation. But I'd love to use the new one too (just because). Plus I've heard that the newer model shaves a bit different. One side of me says keep them stored to collect and another side says to use them (and the blades).

Do I store them both?
Do I say "the heck with it" and use both?
Do I open one for use and keep the other stored?
Or do I keep one (for use or storage) and sell the other?

Let me know what you think,
LRod

Razor: Schick M2 Adjustable Injector Razor
Blade: Schick Plus Platinum injector blade
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 Synthetic
Lather: Mauer & Wirtz Tabac
Aftershave: Maurer & Wirtz Tabac Aftershave Lotion
Additional Care:
20220831_083002.jpg

An unexpected auction won today!
Everyone loves a good deal and I believe I got a great one!

I have a late 60's Schick Krona that I love. Since I bought it, I said that I would look for one that is "New old stock".
Well, I ended up with two of them that are "New old stock", LOL!!
Incredible price at $26 for the pair:

full
I just received these today!
They're perfect!
Anyone have any idea what year they're from?
Based on this post (and the full black handle), I know they're 1968-1977:

Problem is that I can't find any pictures of my specific packaging. I also can't find when they cost .89 cents when new. I'd love to know an estimated year instead of just a range of years.

Any ideas?

20220901_072642.jpg

Razor: Schick Eversharp Eagle pre L1 injector razor
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Simpson Commodore X2 Best Badger
Lather: Shannon's Soaps Barbershop
Aftershave: Mennen Skin Bracer
Additional Care:

I just received these today!
They're perfect!
Anyone have any idea what year they're from?
Based on this post (and the full black handle), I know they're 1968-1977:

Problem is that I can't find any pictures of my specific packaging. I also can't find when they cost .89 cents when new. I'd love to know an estimated year instead of just a range of years.

Any ideas?
Any dates on the back of the cards in fine print?

Razor: Schick E3 Canadian, Eversharp, Nickled with black handle
Brush: Rudy Vey 2022 B & B Contributor Brush
Lather: Caswell-Massey Number Six
Aftershave: Pinaud Lilac Vegetal
Additional Care:
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
20220909_081747.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick shave, September 11th 2022

Razor : Schick E2 Canadian variant, Mfg in 1930's > 40's, excellent mid range, for a light razor a light touch works the best, Very enjoyable shave this morning.
Blade : Personna SS PTFE(9)very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
Soap : Yaqi Musketeer Rapier, nice scent with excellent lather qualities. The scent is similar to Aramis cologne they claim. It has been so long since I used Aramis cologne I'm not sure but I like this scent. Yaqi commissioned Master soap creations S.A for their line of soaps and fragrances.
Brush : Yaqi mysterious space 24mm Timber wolf whiskers synthetic, excellent lather generator
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Witch hazel beard cleanse + Musketeer Rapier splash + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: excellent shave with my Schick E2 Canadian variant with a coated Personna blade.
SOTD Septemper 11 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Razor: Schick M3 Adjustable Razor
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 Synthetic
Lather: Mauer & Wirtz Tabac
Aftershave: Maurer & Wirtz Tabac Aftershave Lotion
Additional Care:

20220914_083950.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick Shave, Sunday SEptember 18th 2022

Razor : Schick injector adjustable M3- Mfg 1970-72, any aggression range, well built, adjustment knob of 9 settings gives good selection, this razor will take any injector blade made which is a nice option for those who like variety of blades.
I have a Kai Protouch in to see how it performs with the adjustable and it is also ideal for this blade oddity.
Blade :Kai Protouch guard (5), sharp & smoooth with reasonable longevity for a AC blade.
Soap : Yaqi "The Green" nice fragrance with excellent lather qualities. Yaqi commissioned Master soap creations South Africa artisan to do their line of aftershaves and soaps.
Brush : Yaqi Dandelion 24mm Cashmere knot synthetic, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. (7)WTG + (7)ATG + pickups(9 setting).
Post shave : Yaqi "The Green" splash with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=
[IMG]
Excellent shave with my Schick adjustable injector model 3 with a Kai Protouch blade.
[IMG]

Have some great shaves!

Top Bottom