What's new

What A Bunch of SchickHeads!!! (Lovers of Schick Razors!)

Razor: Schick C3 Simplified Automatic Razor
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Caswell-Massey Newport
Aftershave: Shannon's 25th Street Lime splash
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
20211002_075008.jpg

Razor: Schick D Injector Razor
Blade: Personna Injector
Aftershave: Old Spice Classic
Additional Care:
20211009_083549.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick shave, Oct 10th 2021- Reading a thread on speed shaving and tested my old system I use and it is amazing using a injector and just brush lather how fast and how great a shave can be accomplished in around 6 minutes and that is cleanup also.
I still prefer the 3 applications of lather with a brush but when in a hurry it is relevant.

Razor: Schick G type Canadian Variant, Mfg 1940's, very nice mid range, easy to manipulate and a joy to use this Injector.
Blade: Personna SS PTFE injector(4) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
Soap: Razorock The Dead Sea : Very nice and unique scent with great lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm high mountain silvertip, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, great scrub + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush(24mm Cashmere)wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock The Dead Sea AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer lotion Balm.(excellent + scentless)
Results: CCS,DFS,BbS + no irritation + no weepers=
[IMG]
Excellent shave with my Schick G type variant + a Personna
coated blade.
SOTD, Oct 10, 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

I absolutely love my M1 adjustable, a Krona, and have a Schick J2 with many vintage blades on the way. The M1 is my favorite injector and the Krona is my favorite DE. The M1 is just a beautiful machine, well built and such a great shaver. The Krona was a complete surprise to me. I had heard it was a nice razor but it was completely undersold. It offers the ease of a TTO, the angled handle is pretty unique and very comfortable, and the weight is substantial enough and is well balanced. I have never had a bad shave with it, even using blades I don’t like in other razors.

All these things seem to suggest I’m a Schickzhead so why fight it? 😌😁

Razor: Schick E1 Butterscotch handle
Aftershave: Proraso White Aftershave Balm
Additional Care:
20211016_083834.jpg

Ron R

Sunday Schick shave, OCtober 17th 2021

Razor: Schick J1 type injector, Mfg 1957-64, nice mild injector, longer easy to grip handle, good results.
Blade: Personna SS PTFE (5) very sharp, good longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable.
Soap: Ach Brito Lavanda cream, nice mild scent, excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Dandelion 24mm Cashmere, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice gentle scrub + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave: (Cashmere 24mm)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser+ a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on cleaned beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Ach Brito Lavanda AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer lotion Balm + scentless.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= :a17:excellent shave with my Schick J1 with a Personna coated blade.
SOTD, Oct 17, 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Razor: Schick E2 Injector Razor
Additional Care:
20211023_085212.jpg

I don't know how I did it, but I over looked this brotherhood! I am in the SISSIES, and like to call myself a Schickhead, even if I am dabbling in other SE and some DE shaves!

Additional Care:
View attachment 1351469

Additional Care:
View attachment 1351469
Nice photo. My Schick E2 arrived yesterday from the Bay and I'm looking forward to shaving with it tomorrow.

Nice photo. My Schick E2 arrived yesterday from the Bay and I'm looking forward to shaving with it tomorrow.
How to tell if you're a Schick E2 neophyte. My new E2 did not come with a blade. I tried to insert a blade from my Schick injector and it wouldn't load. Then I figured out that maybe I have to move the spring to open the head. I moved the spring to open the head and, guess what, the blade loaded fine. Duh! Hope I can successfully shave with the E2 tomorrow morning!

Razor: Schick E2v2 Spring fixed wth tabs
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Rubberset 203 in Super Badger
Aftershave: Proraso White Aftershave Balm
Additional Care:
20211030_084449.jpg

Ron R

Sunday Schick Shave, OCtober 31, 2021 Halloween theme week

Razor: Schick adjustable injector M3- Mfg 1970-72, excellent injector, well built to last, good adjustment & enjoyably different.
Blade: Personna injector SS PTFE blade(2) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable.
Soap: Razorock Blue barber, nice scent, excellent lather qualities.( slightly over misted while tinkering, tried to push hydration to the limit, still having a little lathering fun.)
Brush: Yaqi 22mm 2band badger, Excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, designed for scrubbing(short loft), good lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Post shave: Razorock Blue barber with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturising lotion balm + scentless :thumbsup:
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= :a17:Excellent shave with my Schick adj injector M3 with a Personna injector coated blade.
SOTD, Oct 31#2, 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:

Ron R

Sunday Schick shave, Nov 7th 2021

Razor: Schick injector i2 with Hydro-magic- Mfg 1954-57, excellent tame mid range, easy to work the beard areas, mostly carefree shave this morning.
Blade: Personna injector SS PTFE(1) excellent very sharp blade, great longevity, smooths out nicely & predictable.
Soap: Razorock XXX, nice scent + excellent lather qualities.(misted)
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Moka synthetic, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle scrub + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Post shave: Razorock XXX with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizer lotion (balm)+ scentless.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= :a17:excellent shave with my Schick injector i2 with Hydro-magic with a coated Personna injector blade.
SOTD, Nov 7, 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

@Whiterook and @Ron R, you gents have some lovely photos and some fantastic razors! While not a collector per se, I can appreciate and enjoy the cases you show and how pristine those razors are. Great job!

On another note, someone somewhere posted about using an adjustable injector for touching up the goatee area. Thank you! I have had great results with a Type M, Type I, and today, the Type G. I have been using a lot of GEMs lately, and that big head makes getting a clean shave under the nose a challenge, as I am so used to smaller DE and injector heads. But this is great, as now I can use more razors with every shave! 🤪

Top Bottom