What's new

Wetshaving for women

Are there any wetshaving resources out there for women? I'm wondering if my wife would appreciate a DE, brush, and nice cream over her disposable/gel combo. My understanding is that it makes less difference for a woman's legs versus a man's (and God forbid, womans's) face. Does anyone have anything to share on this topic?

My wife used a Merkur Vision, Vulfix pure badger brush, and Taylor's Of Old Bond Street lavender soap, all for the first time on her legs last Saturday and LOVED it. She liked the longer handle and adjustability of the Vision and the feel and smell of the Taylor's soap. She also stated it was the smoothest and most comfortable shave she ever had. Topped it off with Trumper's Skin Food (Coral). It's a good thing I own several Merkur DE's and a TI straight razor as I think I might be out of a perfectly good razor (the Vision).:wink:

Tom

I'd recommend a purchasing a lady Gillette for her. They have a long handle similar to a Merkur long handle but have butterfly doors. If you're interested, I have one in blue and rose that I'd part with. PM me for details.

What was her technique? One pass upward, against the grain? What size brush? How much shaving cream did it take? Ouch, regularly covering legs in Skin Food could get expensive! Good thing they make a 500ml size.

Rik said:
I'd recommend a purchasing a lady Gillette for her. They have a long handle similar to a Merkur long handle but have butterfly doors. If you're interested, I have one in blue and rose that I'd part with. PM me for details.

Thanks, Rik. I'll keep that in the back of my mind. If she wants to try this, I'll start her off with one of my Gillettes or the Merkur HD.

Mike

Rik,

Thanks for the offer but I'm not sure I'll get her to turn loose of the Vision. She really likes it.:huh:

Mike,

She makes just one pass against the grain and probably uses the same or less soap than I do as I'm constantly re-lathering since I make 3 passes. Also, she only shaves 1/weekly in the summer and 1/every other week in the winter. So, with that frequency she really doesn't use that much Skin Food.:cool:

Tom

I love my wife more than anyone, but the only PROTECTION I have against sharing my razor with my wife is using the DE. Don't u hate going to shave in the morning knowing when you changed your blade last, but then wondering if the wife shaved her legs last night or not. You realize the square area of 2 legs is probably equal to 20 faces ( 20 shaves or 4 weeks worth).Now imagine picking up the DE at 6 am that has 20 shaves on it OUCH!!!!!!!!! My advice is go to Kmart buy their brand of DE blades, dull it up, invite the wife to try your new equipment, she'll get razor burn , a few nicks, and a ****ty shave, She'll never use our stuff again. I look so foward to my shaves, I don't want to risk it. After all isn't that why they sell those pink razors.

Eric

I brought my wife into the fold many months ago. She currently uses my Musgo Real and Proraso Red, both of which she loves. Once she tried the brush and cream aspect of wet shaving she was hooked and has never looked back. I've tried to get her to convert from her pink-multi-blade whatever to (at least) a sensor; I would like to get her acclimated to a DE but she won't budge. I don't know if the DE scares her or she's just happy with the pink femme razor. She also follows-up with a spritz of Thayers Witch Hazel to which I've added some mint EO.

Eric, just get your wife her own brush and razor and she won't share yours. My wife has her own EJ brush that she uses and she won't touch my brushes. Getting your wife addicted, even in a minor way, helps to pave the way for more RAD/SCAD, etc. :thumbup:

Top Bottom