What's new

Wetshaving conversion

One side-effect of wetshaving (at least for me) is that I feel the urge to convert the poor souls who still walk in the dark valley of cartridge razors.

This is not an easy task, since asking someone "what do you use for shaving" is a bit intimate. By now, however, I know some people who have been wetshavers since the very beginning (and don't understand what's the fuss, shaving is just shaving) and also some who tried it but failed (and don't want to return, whatever I recommend). And of course the sceptical folks are there, too.

Recently, however I succeeded in my mission and managed to convert an old friend FULLY to wetshaving - he already purchased two razors, 5 creams/soaps, 2 brushes - in a month's time. :biggrin1:
I was wondering how many did you gentlemen convert? :angel:

It's damned difficult to convert anyone who isn't ready for it. I've brought two people I work with into the light, but it took giving them a beginner's setup to do so. They wouldn't have gone on their own and purchased the necessary goods. I won't venture talking to someone who's a convinced cartridge user--if they feel they get good shaves with the cart then more power to them. I know a guy who uses an electric razor, and he is all about the convenience of it . . . okay, no skin off my back.

I believe, as most here do, that whether DE or straight shaving, the end results over other forms are arguably far better. The process is more enjoyable, it becomes a part of our day we can take enjoyable ownership of instead of obligated repetition of.

I lent a colleague my Merkur 34C and he converted after that. I'm not sure how the topic came up - I think it was me mentioning it was a bit of a hobby. I probably should've warned him about the rabbit hole. ;)

ive kept telling my cousin and offering him one of those baili de razors which are like gillette tech clones but he doesnt want it and then i told him about the leaf razor thinking being a hybrid razor it might intice him but he is adamant on shaving his head with the phillips one blade and the replacement heads for those phillip one blades are such a rip off but aometimes some people cant see when your trying to do good by them i suppose, each to their own i say :)

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Zero.
I’ve mentioned it to a few guys over the years and they just look at me like I’m nuts or a dandy or something. Most recently at the office a mate was complaining about $30+ cart blades and I said I use a DE. He said ugh I can’t use those they rip up my face.

Congratulations!

Tough to compete with advertising campaigns and the force of habit. I have only converted 1 or 2!

Ad Astra

The Instigator
🤔 Hm. Partial successes...

Gave one Vietnam vet the Gillette Slim he once had, and a few hundred blades... But he uses canned goo. Half check.

Nephew is a full convert. When he broke his gift set Maggard zamak, bought another DE. Check.

Gave a cousin all the stuff; says he uses it "when he has time." 🧐 Since he's retired, not sure if we can call that a check.

Gave another nephew all the stuff, swears he digs it... 🤔 But has a full beard. Quarter check.

Old boss was a DE shaver the whole time, but I'd give him blades and stuff. He's happily clinking away with Williams and some brush in a coffee cup. Unsure.

AA

I have personally converted 3.5. Full conversions are two brothers and a step son. The half is a soon to be stepson that has a beard and just uses the soaps and a brush.

However, one of my brothers and I have converted 7 others. We even have a 'focus group' ... with 'meetings' (usually to watch a game or fight) and group buys! :001_tongu

Top Bottom