What's new

Wet shaving Youtubers

I enjoy Kensurfs videos. He also reviews other things besides razors in his videos. I actually tried and use Nioxin for my hair because of his review of it. Very glad I did. I was getting a little thin up top and the stuff stopped that and made my hair thicker. Thanks Ken!

I watched Geofatboy to learn how to DE shave initially. My technique has changed over the years but things would have been a lot tougher initially if not for those videos.
problem with Kens videos is that he likes every single thing he uses. I think because he gets most of what he uses for free, he doesn't want to give any negative feedback on the products.

problem with Kens videos is that he likes every single thing he uses. I think because he gets most of what he uses for free, he doesn't want to give any negative feedback on the products.

I see what you mean, but I find I appreciate his videos more since I got my technique down. I feel I’m at a point where anything will give me a great shave and I think he has been at that level for a very long time. I can see where a new DE shaver might not benefit from his reviews. I watch his videos mainly at this point to see what is new out there, materials used and if there are any major defects with new hardware, etc. He also has a funny story to share here and there. Yep, I’m getting old.

When I ventured into DE over 10 years ago, I was only a lurker on B&B and not a member. I bought my first DE razor, the EJ DE89 after reading reviews of it on B&B back then. That razor was a great start and continues to be a good one.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
When I first started shaving DE, I watched a lot of videos, and that really taught me how to shave correctly. GeoFatboy’s early video where he teaches his buddy how to shave with a Merkur 34c really was the one that taught me the basics. I forward that link to the many new shavers that I have PIFed and indoctrinated into our hobby. I also used to enjoy Freedberg and Shave Busta quite a bit. I believe that unless you have a friend or relative that can show you how to do it, these videos are the next best way to learn the ropes. I only watch shave videos occasionally now, especially when I am looking for reviews on a particular razor.

Top Bottom