What's new

Wet shaving Youtubers

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Mark from Friendship Shaving... I enjoy his content
I don't watch videos very often, but on occasion I've stumbled across the auld lad from Friendship Shaving and I've always enjoyed his calm, relaxing voice, presentation, & cheerful, positive attitude. I hadn't watched any of his videos in quite some time- maybe a year- but I just watched his latest video. As I was watching I was surprised at how deliberate he was in his presentation. He was upbeat as always but still didn't seem his usual chipper self. He had the air of a man in recovery from surgery or illness about him. Sure enough I went to his youtube homepage and scrolling back through his 2020 videos I saw one in early April in which he was recorded from his sick bed at that time quite ill with the Corona virus. The poor man. This thing knocks the hell out of people. Months to recover. Good to see he's making progress and he can count on my prayers.

Last edited:
whas scrolling true YouTube and came across some of the famous wet shavers 😉 some of them actually have useful content in there some are a bit brand biased as well though which one is your favourite? Here's some I came across

Mark Szorady
Kensurfs
Nick shaves
Kevy shaves
Geofatboy
IAMCB
Razoremporium
Donald younger
PaulHfilms
Michael freedberg
I have literally learned how to shave with a SR watching @drmatt357, GeoFatBoy and Lynn Abrams off of YT. I wish someone had taught me that 30 years ago... these 3 guys are my favorites.

I don't watch videos very often, but on occasion I've stumbled across the auld lad from Friendship Shaving and I've always enjoyed his calm, relaxing voice, presentation, & cheerful, positive attitude. I hadn't watched any of his videos in quite some time- maybe a year- but I just watched his latest video. As I was watching I was surprised at how deliberate he was in his presentation. He was upbeat as always but still didn't seem his usual chipper self. He had the air of a man in recovery from surgery or illness about him. Sure enough I went to his youtube homepage and scrolling back through his 2020 videos I saw one in early April in which he was recorded from his sick bed at that time quite ill with the Corona virus. The poor man. This thing knocks the hell out of people. Months to recover. Good to see he's making progress and he can count on my prayers.
[/QUOTE
Well said. I love watching his new videos every Friday when I finish work. His voice and mannerisms are so relaxing after a long week of work.

I enjoy Kensurfs videos. He also reviews other things besides razors in his videos. I actually tried and use Nioxin for my hair because of his review of it. Very glad I did. I was getting a little thin up top and the stuff stopped that and made my hair thicker. Thanks Ken!

I watched Geofatboy to learn how to DE shave initially. My technique has changed over the years but things would have been a lot tougher initially if not for those videos.

I'll watch Geofatboy, mainly for his reviews on razors. I emailed him a few questions about the Rex Envoy before I sunk the money on it and his response was fast and honest, so I bought it from him. It's now one of my favorite razors. I watched his video on the Razorine, now I'm intrigued with it.

Whenever the question of Youtube Shaving videos comes up I usually recommend Luca Dinaro but unfortunately nobody else seems to except for “the man in Italy” Marco.
Probably because they are all in Italian. But I can truly say Luca is extremely skilled and passionate about straight razor shaving.
Anthony Esposito( The Stallion)seems frequently overlooked too (IMHO)relative to the number of videos he turns out.
Is it all the x rated language?

Whenever the question of Youtube Shaving videos comes up I usually recommend Luca Dinaro but unfortunately nobody else seems to except for “the man in Italy” Marco.
Probably because they are all in Italian. But I can truly say Luca is extremely skilled and passionate about straight razor shaving.
Anthony Esposito( The Stallion)seems frequently overlooked too (IMHO)relative to the number of videos he turns out.

Well I'd say outside of Italy not many people speak Italian, you'd have a better chance with French. And that is a hindrance. I know a couple of Italian Youtubers, but unless I can relate some words to the languages I do know (German, English, Latin) it's just gibberish :D No knock on the content, just a langue barrier.

Mantic 59 posted a 3 part wet shaving series “Introduction to Traditional Wet Shaving” 13 years ago on YouTube. I think his videos had a significant impact on reviving traditional wet shaving in general. Nowadays there are many YouTube wet shavers to watch and learn from, but 13 years ago I just remember Mantic 59. Below is part one of his initial series:

If you search the archives here at BnB you can find many of the "stars" mentioned and their first posts. Many of them showed up to learn how to use traditional equipment.
Youtube came along much later.

I like the italian guy with the glasses. I dont speak italian, and i dont turn on the auto-gen subs, but I enjoy the pace of his speech and mannerisms.

iirc his name is mauro

i dont watch him that often, but he’s the most interesting to me in a long while.

Mantic 59 posted a 3 part wet shaving series “Introduction to Traditional Wet Shaving” 13 years ago on YouTube. I think his videos had a significant impact on reviving traditional wet shaving in general. Nowadays there are many YouTube wet shavers to watch and learn from, but 13 years ago I just remember Mantic 59. Below is part one of his initial series:

Mark was anti alcohol and slightly anti cart in this video. I will think you find his position has changed on both.

Anthony, "the stallion" has recently gone PG on his videos.. No more F bombs every other word. He received a tremendous amount of feedback from the community and made a conscious decision to make the change. I enjoy his videos for his technique with the Straits that he uses.. He has some very nice ones. I have learned a lot watching his consistent shaves and apply some of his techniques as I am learning with a shavette.

Anthony, "the stallion" has recently gone PG on his videos.. No more F bombs every other word. He received a tremendous amount of feedback from the community and made a conscious decision to make the change. I enjoy his videos for his technique with the Straits that he uses.. He has some very nice ones. I have learned a lot watching his consistent shaves and apply some of his techniques as I am learning with a shavette.
I absolutely agree with you. I’m no prude but I never saw the purpose of all the f bombs. Still though,every now and then one resurfaces but over all he is making an attempt!
I also appreciate his skill with a straight razor.

I like Luca and watch his vids on YT from time to time. I do find some of his videos too long though.

We'll, some of his vids are fun to watch, but as far as technique goes, it's sub par, as the guy sports a goatee, thus omits shaving the most difficult parts. Just my 2c

Top Bottom