What's new

Wet Shaving is Relaxing

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
This is exactly the reason why, I prefer to shave in the evening. If I have to do a quick shave in the morning, due to time constraints, then I'd be using my Henson razor and a shave stick, no bowl lathering. This method is going to be quicker then others, but is not going to be as comfortable, or as relaxing.

In the evening, I am not under time constraints, I am on my own time! In the evening, I could care less if I take an hour to shave. The point is, its about the relaxing shave, take your time, enjoy it! This is why so many folks have dedicated shave dens, to reduce unwanted interruptions.

Have a great shave, have a great day!

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I've trying to enjoy my shaves while we are in Bali for a month. I haven't really managed to do so. I've whined about this already but the lighting is so bad, I can't see anything in the mirror. I know my Claymore Evo well enough that I get good shaves most of the time but I'm trying to get past the annoying part and get back to a relaxing shave.

I might accomplish this in the remaining two weeks we have here but truth be told, I'll be happy to be home in our own bathroom. <eg>

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
but the lighting is so bad, I can't see anything in the mirror.

This right here, I have an answer for, and it involves upgrading your lighting. I will have a post coming very soon, where I discuss my shave den upgrades. Its amazing what one can do, just by changing out a light bulb. ;)

I'll be happy to be home in our own bathroom.

That is a feeling that I can understand. The last time my family traveled out of state, was back when I was a little kid, and my mom and dad were still alive. When your at a place you don't know, in a bed that is not yours, this is a statement that plays like a broken record, within your mind, several times of day. Sure, its nice to visit, but its not your home, you don't have all your stuff, your out of your comfort zone, and you just can't wait to get back home!

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
This right here, I have an answer for, and it involves upgrading your lighting. I will have a post coming very soon, where I discuss my shave den upgrades. Its amazing what one can do, just by changing out a light bulb. ;)

That is a feeling that I can understand. The last time my family traveled out of state, was back when I was a little kid, and my mom and dad were still alive. When your at a place you don't know, in a bed that is not yours, this is a statement that plays like a broken record, within your mind, several times of day. Sure, its nice to visit, but its not your home, you don't have all your stuff, your out of your comfort zone, and you just can't wait to get back home!
Chris,

We have to return here in April.... we love the garden at this hotel.... it runs the whole length of a very deep property so you don't get any road noise, etc.... but I just ordered a lighted travel mirror for our return trip. LOL

Another reason we stay here? The rooms are very clean and are only $16 a night. <eg>

This is exactly the reason why, I prefer to shave in the evening. If I have to do a quick shave in the morning, due to time constraints, then I'd be using my Henson razor and a shave stick, no bowl lathering. This method is going to be quicker then others, but is not going to be as comfortable, or as relaxing.

In the evening, I am not under time constraints, I am on my own time! In the evening, I could care less if I take an hour to shave. The point is, its about the relaxing shave, take your time, enjoy it! This is why so many folks have dedicated shave dens, to reduce unwanted interruptions.

Have a great shave, have a great day!

Same here. I usually shave in the late afternoon, when the house is empty and it's quiet. My wife always has a radio playing in the other room, and that's fine, but I appreciate silence - it's calming.

The exception is my head shaves, which is every forth day. I fit that in whenever I can.

Top Bottom