What's new

Wet shaving in Israel.

I'm going to Israel for a few weeks and wondered if there was any good wet shaving products out there that I should track down. I know there are a few general shave creams and of course blades but are there was any razor makers or artisinal soap companies that I should know about? Thanks in advance for responding.

There used to be a category "Shaving by country" in the ShaveWiki, but it appears to be gone now. It just redirects you back to the main page.

if you travel between tel aviv and jerusalem, there is a pottery artist that does a nice shave bowl.
michal yoresh, he has a shop on etsy. if you plan to stop, certainly contact him to be sure he's around.
have a great trip, post pics!

yoresh shave bowl.jpg

Indeed, Michal makes very nice pottery, including shaving bowls and scuttles (Michal is a she by the way).
Another artisanal product here is Hila vegan shaving soap. She has a booth in one of Tel Aviv street markets, and also a shop on Etsy.
Less artisanal, but also indigenous are Ahava (cream, ASB), Laline (ASB) and Sabon (ASB) cosmetics companies, each of which has some pretty nice shaving products available. They all have international branches, so may be you can buy from them locally to you.
You can also check Lavender Natural, and some other shaving creams in local supermarkets and drugstores (sorry, but these sites are Hebrew only). Nivea and Weleda (German and Swiss) products are also available in some cosmetics and drugstores.
I also know we have large Personna factory here near Nazareth, but as I personally use only straights, I have no Idea where to buy the DE and GEM SE they are making.
You can also find some limited choice of Dovo straights and safety razors in Lublinsky knife store in Tel Aviv, but I wouldn't say the price makes them worth buying in Israel.
Hope I helped a bit. Welcome and enjoy your time in Israel!

There is a great shaving cream called MEM. It's olive base and a wonderful performer. You can find it on markets or small grocery stores. there is also a version without the olive oil. About $2.
You can also find a lot of Israeli Personna blades variations. They have a lot of different names like: Qball Edisson Viking Cristal etc.
0026538_-.jpeg
file_374.jpg

Thanks for all the responses! I was in transport so I wasn't able to check this post until now. I think I will be going into Tel Aviv this weekend, so I'll see if I can find the dish maker. I appreciate everyone's responses.

All the blades made in Israel (perssona, cristal, edisson etc) can be found in Derech Jaffa 30, Tel Aviv-Yafo. the small shop with the blue sun protector is the main distributor of nazareth perssona factory. 200 blades for 50 nis.
In 10 zevulun st. tel aviv there is an old toiletry store that stock all israeli shaving creams for very cheap prices.
its less than 10 minutes walk between those shops and its very unique part of old tel aviv called levinsky market.
Enjoy!

Thanks for the information. I tried to go to Jaffa on Friday but wasn't aware that it closed at 2pm. I woke up at noon. Still have a little jet lag. I also spoke with Michal but she didn't have any in stock. :frown1:

Are DE blades readily available in most places there? I'm going in March with a group from our church. We plan on doing carry on only, so packing blades won't be an option for me. I'm trying to decide if I need to plan to use the dreaded cartridge while I'm there, or if it will be easy enough to find blades.

Are DE blades readily available in most places there? I'm going in March with a group from our church. We plan on doing carry on only, so packing blades won't be an option for me. I'm trying to decide if I need to plan to use the dreaded cartridge while I'm there, or if it will be easy enough to find blades.
Find out the first place you will be staying and mail the blades to that place if they aren't very available.

Top Bottom