What's new

Wet shaving: having problems to find Gillette blade cartridges

(Trying to find my way around, it seemed this was the right section for my issue - or maybe one of them? If you have a better idea, please let me know.)

I was running out of a supply of cheap and now unavailable 1-way shavers I had once bought in a NZ supermarket, so was looking for an alternative - and acquired a Gillette Vector 3. The handle came with 1 blade, plus 1 replacement.

The thai supermarket where I bought didn't seem to have any replacement cartridges, so I delayed that and thought I would find them on Ebay. But that's not the case.

Is this model no longer being sold? Are there other blade types that would be compatible? Or is there another 'permanent' wet razor type (not necessarily Gillette) which has a good price/performance ratio that I should change to?

Gillette's fully robotic custserv isn't really helpful. And it's hard to find professionals to talk to in places like Thailand, so any serious and knowledgeable advice from this forum would be highly appreciated .)

hi i just looked on the bay and found this it looks like the vector 3 had other cartridges it would fit .
s-l500.jpg
s-l500.jpg

Thanks a lot! I cannot totally exclude that there is some kind of missunderstanding, maybe also based on linguistic defiencies.

On gillette vector 3 blades | eBay - https://www.ebay.de/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313&_nkw=gillette+vector+3+blades&_sacat=0 , I find what is attached. To me this looks like more of what I already have - a handle and 2 blades (apart from a number of items that are unclear to me). But I want a cartridge of blades only (fx 20) and for Vector 3 - or some compatible type.

Is this there somewhere? Sorry - I just don't see it.

Attachments

• v3.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 16
Welcome to the forum.
The Gillette Vector-3 is a razor manufactured in India for sale in Asia, eg. India, Sri Lanka, Thailand...
I have observed the Vector-3 blades to be sold in packs of 2, 4, 6, and 8 cartridges, without a handle.
You can find them on ebay, but if the seller is not in Thailand, it may not be economic to ship them from another country.
If you search on ebay's international market, you will find sellers in India selling the replacement or refill cartridges for the Vector 3.
I have no information that the model has been discontinued, or that the replacement blades are no longer manufactured.
I understand that the Gillette Sensor-Excel is the identical to the Gillette Vector-3.
Perhaps you can more easily find Gillette Sensor-Excel blades in Thailand.
Perhaps you can explore other, less likely shops in Thailand for these blades.

Thanks again. Your info sounds founded and appears interesting indeed.

Saved it, and will follow up in real-life once the replacement blade has been inserted .)

You might have to try a different 711 or Tesco/Lotus the bigger the better. They do varry a bit in assortment.
I have also seen blades at street pharmacies. Little groceries and even tool stores.
And it might pay out to go to a huge market or shopping mall where they sell perfume.
You are bound to get a lot of other blades offered due to not precise communication and they wanting to help.
If you live in a hotel the front desk might have solved it for someone else.
Also check Ali express
€ 12,26 | Gillette Vector 3 Scheren Scheermes Met Doos Mens Scheermesjes Scheren Machine Klassieke Safety Razor Facial Ontharingsmiddelen

Attachments

• 8CCB8999-B366-4A83-BAAB-1A3FC3833F6F.png
    8CCB8999-B366-4A83-BAAB-1A3FC3833F6F.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Top Bottom