What's new

Wet or Dry plus lather

I am one of many who have returned to Badger&Blade after a long time away. I stopped wet shaving back in 2013 due to taking blood thinners. Since then I have used a Norelco electric shaver exclusively. Of course it works, but it is not the same. Instead of a "Damn Fine Shave" you get a "Looks okay" shave. A couple of weeks ago I decided to give wet shaving a try again--even though I am still using the medication. So far DE shaving hasn't been going as well as hoped, but I have discovered wet shaving with with my Wet or Dry electric. I don't know why I never tried that in the past, but it has been a revelation. Using a soap or a creme with my electric has been giving me both closer and more comfortable shaves. I still want to return to using a blade, but lathering up has brought back a lot of the fun to shaving. If, like me, you have concerns about bleeding using a lather with your wet or dry electric is a great alternative. It is also a good way to let your skin rest if you are having a problem with irritation.

Good to hear you are returning to some semblance of normal. I know you didn't ask, but you should take a look at either Tatara Masamune or Karve CB with an A or B plate. Or a vintage adjustable. All of them will have a negative blade exposure, not just neutral. There is a risk in everything, but with care you should be able use a blade again. I would only use the sharpest blades since they won't be in contact with your skin. The last thing you need is a blade that tugs, slips and cuts you.

Good to hear you are returning to some semblance of normal. I know you didn't ask, but you should take a look at either Tatara Masamune or Karve CB with an A or B plate. Or a vintage adjustable. All of them will have a negative blade exposure, not just neutral. There is a risk in everything, but with care you should be able use a blade again. I would only use the sharpest blades since they won't be in contact with your skin. The last thing you need is a blade that tugs, slips and cuts you.
Thank you for the suggestions, but I beat you to it! It was around Thanksgiving when I decided to get back in to shaving with a DE razor. After several days of reading on B&B (and elsewhere) I took advantage of the Black Friday sales to buy both a Masamune and a Henson AL-13. I have watched videos, but it has been slow going. I am pretty sure the problem is my rusty technique, but getting cut is disappointing. Meanwhile I am having loads of fun trying different soaps and creams, so all is not lost.

Top Bottom