What's new

West-East on Left side of Neck and Throat

That's a good tip, @steveclarkus - I'm going to be watching a little closer this year and start trying to arc more. Right now I basically just do plain strokes with the edge perpendicular to the direction of travel. I need to broaden my horizons...

I've noticed that over the 9 months of my straight shaving adventure I have moved to mostly scything, sweeping, arc strokes except for the top one inch of my cheeks. That in combination with learning to follow the contours of my jawline and neck means that very little is actually a straight, flat stroke.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I've noticed that over the 9 months of my straight shaving adventure I have moved to mostly scything, sweeping, arc strokes except for the top one inch of my cheeks. That in combination with learning to follow the contours of my jawline and neck means that very little is actually a straight, flat stroke.
Same here. I use my wrists a lot now. It is difficult to explain to someone else though. Finesse I believe it is called.

the last couple shaves i've been watching what i do, and not unlike hitchhiking, i find that it's all in the thumb. To adjust the angle i use the wrist for more gross angle changes (the jawline) but for all of the smaller stuff I use my thumb. It's kind of like the way I utilize wrist/thumb during stropping.

Top Bottom