What's new

West Coast Shaving

I'm guessing that West Coast Shaving's brick and mortar facility in Southern California is a victim of covid. Their only brick and mortar facility has closed.

I recently ordered a knot from West Coast Shaving, and to my surprise, the packing slip only showed the address of their fulfillment cent in the Northeast.

Googling about it brought up a Yelp review showing it was closed.

Does anyone know anything more about the closing? I wonder if they intend to reopen when the economy comes back or if they will be content using a fulfillment center.

Anyone else know anything about the closing?

Confusingly, West Coast Shaving is based in Myrtle Beach, SC. I have been trying to figure out why they are called West Coast since I started shaving. Was very annoyed with my first order taking over a week to Ca.

At one time, WCS was located in Chico, CA. That's where the name came from.

For a while WCS had locations in Chico, CA and Myrtle Beach, SC. I think they moved everything to SC at some point prior to the whole Covid-19 situation.

Ah, this explains why my new Stoneware lathering bowl went from South Carolina to North Carolina. I was thinking they might have warehouses around the country--like Amazon--which prepare and ship orders on a regional basis.

I live in California and ordered an item from West Coast Shaving (now on the east coast) and received it in 2 or 3 days. I was impressed with the speed, their efficiency, and the packing of the item. I give 'em high marks!

Yes, it may have been Chino, or Chino Hills.
Right, I might have mis-remembered the name. That is happening more often nowadays for some reason...Chico is up North, isn't it?

:confused1

proxy.php

Last edited:
I have always had great service from them, either in person or on-line. I remember visiting three different locations in the Chino area over the years as they moved about.

Top Bottom